IW STi Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
[z0ne] said:
The car looks great and I really enjoyed reading this thread. Congrats on the two kids and best of luck to you, your family, and your car!
thanks so much! Everyone in this forum has been very supportive so far and I enjoy reading all the journals on here as well. Thats why I finally started one! hahah Plus its a great way to keep track of all the progress of the buildup.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Your car looks very well done. I like how you're going for the whole stealth look under the hood. What brand of paint did you use and how many coats? I ask because I heard its good to paint it with a high heat paint, but that allows the fmic to "breathe" so to speak...otherwise you block flow. I'm planning on painting my fmic black as well when i get it. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see some numbers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
you can use the krylon high temp paint. My friend alan was actually the one who painted the fmic and he did a very clean job. It has a nice matt black finish. Nothing reflective shiny.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well the dent express guy came to my work today and fixed my dents!!! Plus he gave me a discount because he is into cars too! So yeah i'm happy about that. But this morning I wanted to sell my car because I was so mad at it. Everytime I think the car is running ok something new happens. This morning I turned the car on and I was like wtf? The idle was terrible plus my boost gauge wasn't working. I was like man...My car sucks!!! Plus I thought my tune would be 2m so i started getting really worried. So during my lunch break I was checking out my engine...surprise surprise one of the hoses ripped in two pieces...I don't even know how that happened. So I had a big boost leak which was throwing off my idle and my boost gauge hose was connected to it and that was why it wasn't working. I ended up leaving work early today just so I can fix it. After I put in a new hose my idle was perfect again. But the next bad news...It's RAINING 2M here in norcal so that means no road tune for me. Oh well I rescheduled my tune for sat. So hopefully it's not raining this weekened.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Dontbanmenoo said:
i'd go pilarless, grill delete...your car would look sick, nice job so far
man you just read my mind. I actually just did that a few days ago. Tune is today i'm so excited i'll post my #'s once I get them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ehh boost leak somewhere. Me and my friend alan pressure tested the fmic pipes and found some leaks and it's now repaired. Will try tuning again soon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
time to update this shiznits

ok well I havne't updated this journal in a very long time but a good amount has happend this this car is now tuned with meth via ca shiznit gas and I got the graphs too. I'm not gonna lie this ain't no 2.5 liter monster but i'm happy with the car and it's plenty fast for me, and I guess thats all that matters right? We fix up our cars for are own benefits and not others so if ur happy with it then sweetness!!!!!!!!!!EErrr yeha i've been drinking
first here is the dyno graphs and i'll post some updated pics I took today at work.

^^^ this is from one of my final pulls not bad for a 2.0;) oh and an sti on this dyno software gets about 215 to the wheels stock. So i'm pretty happy. Uhh oh and here are the updated pics of the car!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts