IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
IWSTI's Most Banned Member
2,556 Posts
Lol different????

I'm sorry bur it doesn't look any better with no carpet or headliner, you saved what there like less than a pound

But what ever floats your boat...... Or sinks it!!!!

Lol

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I think if you gonna take a poung off of the car, just take a **** in the morning. or park your car farther away from work for a week lol

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Lol different????

I'm sorry bur it doesn't look any better with no carpet or headliner, you saved what there like less than a pound

But what ever floats your boat...... Or sinks it!!!!

Lol
Obviously you're not following any other of my threads. So you just sound like an idiot. And for your information, it dropped around 15-20 LBS.

I'm doing custom work inside and out. Including my own carpet and ceiling design.

SO uh... shut your mouth bub.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I think if you gonna take a poung off of the car, just take a **** in the morning. or park your car farther away from work for a week lol

Haha, you're so clever! I've never heard that one before... Like... no where in IWSTI... or NASIOC... never ever heard that before. :rolleyes:

NO. For one, I'm 5'8" 170 LBS... IDK... sitting around 6-8% body fat on average. Then cut down to 155 LBS when I fight. So if I lost any more weight, I'd being cutting a crap load of muscle.

2- I'm doing a whole project on this, that's including custom interior, egine work, suspension, and weight dropping. This is not the finial product, or near it at all.

But thanks for the input. :cool:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I think I'm going to try to clean the engine bay up a bit. I bought some air pump delete plates, so that's on my list. But I think i'm going to try and move the fuse box in the engine bay, to either behind the passenger or driver seat. It will be a lot of work, but it's definitely going to be a weekend thing. Most likely once I get back at the end of the year. That'll be one more big thing I've taken out of the engine bay. I'm looking to also run an oil cooled turbo, so I can take the coolant box, mounted next to the intake manifold, out.

So once I do all that, I would have taken 5 good sized pieces out of the engine bay. Battery, windshield wiper reservoir, air pump, fuse box, and coolant tank.

Now, i'm still researching on the coolant tank thing. I've read you can take it out as long as it's an oil cooled. Will just need to let the turbo cool longer. That's fine, I have a turbo timer I can use. I'm just not sure on the specifics, as far as what lines get run to where afterwards? does anything get plugged? and whatnot.

If anyone has any info in that area, please let me know. :D

·
2,556 Posts
Obviously you're not following any other of my threads. So you just sound like an idiot. And for your information, it dropped around 15-20 LBS.

I'm doing custom work inside and out. Including my own carpet and ceiling design.

SO uh... shut your mouth bub.
lol i have and i laugh every time

so what your gonna create a whole new headliner from scratch and gonna piece togethor another piece of carpet lol

what are u gonna use carbon fiber lmao........ive taken out the carpet it was maybe a pound and the headliner to put suede weighs like maybe 1/2 a pound.....ppssshhh 15-20 pounds whats yours made of leather :lol:

but like i said what ever floats your boat or sink it

I think I'm going to try to clean the engine bay up a bit. I bought some air pump delete plates, so that's on my list. But I think i'm going to try and move the fuse box in the engine bay, to either behind the passenger or driver seat. It will be a lot of work, but it's definitely going to be a weekend thing. Most likely once I get back at the end of the year. That'll be one more big thing I've taken out of the engine bay. I'm looking to also run an oil cooled turbo, so I can take the coolant box, mounted next to the intake manifold, out.

So once I do all that, I would have taken 5 good sized pieces out of the engine bay. Battery, windshield wiper reservoir, air pump, fuse box, and coolant tank.

Now, i'm still researching on the coolant tank thing. I've read you can take it out as long as it's an oil cooled. Will just need to let the turbo cool longer. That's fine, I have a turbo timer I can use. I'm just not sure on the specifics, as far as what lines get run to where afterwards? does anything get plugged? and whatnot.

If anyone has any info in that area, please let me know. :D
now these are some good ideas.............:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
LOL. Well the custom interior is only going to be material, no padding, sound deadening, or anything like that. I've taken all insulation out, firewall insulation and transmission insulation/sound deadening. All the was around 15-20 lbs off in the interior. Then changing a few other things and whatnot.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I've tried to ride this out. But your weight reduction thread is not going anywhere.

1. Basically this is the blind leading the blind if anyone follows this thread for ideas. And if no one follows it, what was the point?
2. Most of your ideas are half baked at best. Take out the stereo and put in computer speakers? Really?
3. You are doing everything on 0 budget (which is fine) but you are ignoring safety, crashworthiness, looks, etc. Just throw some ebay seats in there while you are at it. Oh wait you already did.
4. You aren't actually weighing anything you take out.
5. You are just pulling out hunks of the car without any real thought on keeping it stock looking. Why not just remove the hood, hatch, and fenders? Far from imaginative or inventive really.

Sorry man, your weight reduction thread is far from epic. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see what happens when you start hacking up your wiring harness. :eek:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
FTW:lol:
I've tried to ride this out. But your weight reduction thread is not going anywhere.

1. Basically this is the blind leading the blind if anyone follows this thread for ideas. And if no one follows it, what was the point?
2. Most of your ideas are half baked at best. Take out the stereo and put in computer speakers? Really?
3. You are doing everything on 0 budget (which is fine) but you are ignoring safety, crashworthiness, looks, etc. Just throw some ebay seats in there while you are at it. Oh wait you already did.
5. You are just pulling out hunks of the car without any real thought on keeping it stock looking. Why not just remove the hood, hatch, and fenders? Far from imaginative or inventive really.

Can't wait to see what happens when you start hacking up your wiring harness. :eek:

·
2,556 Posts
LOL. Well the custom interior is only going to be material, no padding, sound deadening, or anything like that. I've taken all insulation out, firewall insulation and transmission insulation/sound deadening. All the was around 15-20 lbs off in the interior. Then changing a few other things and whatnot.
now see you just said carpet and headliner which weigh absolutely nothingt o begin with

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:...............see i knew i wasnt the only one

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Well he is doing what he wants, everyone is different. There isnt a code to follow here and if there was your all tools. Props to you man enough though it kinda does look weird lol.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I don't have a scale to weigh anything.

Exterior isn't really being messed with. Other than parts that can be replaced for lighter parts, or removed if it doesn't affect saftey. Biggest things being Mainly the Hood (carbon) and possibly the hatch.

Interior I'm keeping the a/c, putting an amp to connect my mp3 to it and the speaker. Only putting a small screen for a back up cam, mu choice of material and color for my floor and roof. Custom door cards I'm making myself (with help from my GF who specializes in fabrication of a wide selection of material).

I haven't updated the first post in awhile. That was literally throwing ideas together at that moment. Now I've thought some ideas through. More of a solid plan is being made and edited often to fit what's realistic and within my budget.

·
2,556 Posts
Lol I'm a tool

I guess if you like having ricers driving subarus then that's cool, not calling you ricer but just talking to the other dude

keep up the good work then

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Tim the tool man... :p

Thanks, trying to go light but keep it looking good. Hard thing to do LOL. Hopefully it comes out how I imagine it. Goal is 2900lbs right now. If I can get to that, I'll keep trying to go lighter. But keeping the airbags, stock seat belts stuff like that. Will upgrade to better seats (sparco or something) eventually.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If you can't weigh any of the parts being taken out, how are you going to weigh the car to know you are at 2900? Are you just going to say, yep this seems about right.
Tim the tool man... :p

Thanks, trying to go light but keep it looking good. Hard thing to do LOL. Hopefully it comes out how I imagine it. Goal is 2900lbs right now. If I can get to that, I'll keep trying to go lighter. But keeping the airbags, stock seat belts stuff like that. Will upgrade to better seats (sparco or something) eventually.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
R
If you can't weigh any of the parts being taken out, how are you going to weigh the car to know you are at 2900? Are you just going to say, yep this seems about right.
Oh man, So guessing doesn't work?! Well gosh darn it....

Well.... I don't have scales to weigh parts that weigh under 10lbs.

At my work we have scales to weigh vehicles, which can be put at each corner to get those weights, total weight, find the center of balance, and percentage of each corner, side and front and back. Those scales are within 10lbs of the weight.

There's your answer.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts