Read that other thread linked in post 2 or 3. That has great stuff that is still applicable to the GR especially things underneath the car and in the engine bay. It also gives you a reference point for how much gains you'll make with a certain change. Lots of things are still the same from the GD.
My ideas for this thread though:
- Hood. GR is Steel unlike the aluminum one for the GD. Replace with Carbon or the spec c aluminum one.
- Battery. You can get a braille, but there is also one that is a tad heavier with more power, but I don't remember the name at the moment.
- For the wires in the back, maybe you could use loom and make them look nice and neat; not sure though because I haven't seen them. The mini crowd has a pre-made plastic rear seat delete which is pretty light.
- Get rid of the stock DP & Exhaust for something much lighter
- Carbon fiber roof from is 11 lbs lighter for 1100
- Single din is the way to go on the radio. Speakers way nothing.
- Carbon fiber doors, fenders, hatch, wing, etc.
- Get rid of the door cards
- Borrow some 2010 SE stuff like the non-blinker mirrors, or get Samleii's light-weight ones; drop HIDs and switch to the manual A/C.
- Aftermarket race steering wheel.
- Wheels, tires & brakes. These are huge so find the lightest stuff you can.
That's all for now. Like others I don't see the point beyond tinkering for tinkering's sake, but have a blast and take pictures for us all to see.
Does the telescoping wheel not telescope far enough for you?And... If even possible too, some sort of steering wheel extension. Maybe it sounds crazy... but If I do end up finding where I can get a pedal set (or pedal spacers?) that means my steering wheel will be a tad bit farther too... so I'd like to bring my steering wheel towards me. Kinda just spitting out ideas again, as I think of them.
I want to sit as far back as possible, but in order to do that, I'd have to bring the pedals and steering wheel closer to me. Not sure how easy that would be, if at all. If it's too complicated, then I'll stick with where I'm at.Does the telescoping wheel not telescope far enough for you?
Damn you're gonna have a 2900lb STI and NOT track it??? I can't imagine what my car would be like at 2900lbs!Look extremely good! Have a unique interior, also clean looking. Be sexy on the outside with a beastly engine. Just a DD and fun car for me. Realisticly... I think I can get her down to around 2950, with a 18" BBS spare (but not counting me in the car). I'd like to be in the low 2800's, but that's going to be extremely difficult, I don't want to strip her down completely (keeping A/C, getting a basic kenwood single din (lighter than stock), back up camera and monitor, custom ceiling, sides and carpet, etc). She's going to look way different than anything anyone has seen. But, I like different.
When I'm done, maybe I'll try to call a magazine to show it off... lol. We'll see how well I pull this off.
This is definitely not an overnight thing at all. My guess is it will be done by about 2013. Yeah, that might seem like a long time, but because of my work, I can't be around as often as I'd like to make this happen faster.
Oh, and power goals with the stock turbo, PnP'd (with other supporting mods and PnP parts), is around 330-350 WHP. I'm not sure what the stock turbo will max out too, but I'd like to be within a comfortable range of that. I hear that the stock turbo can also get up to around 400 TQ, I'd definitely like that to be running those numbers. Eventually, I'll upgrade turbos, but for what I'm using it for, stock is more than sufficient for what I use it for. Turbo goal is a CP30R (maybe the 35R).