IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend has been a living nightmare for me and my 05 STi, avoiding a head on collision i swerved and jumped a curb and ran through a steel gat at 45mph. Cars most likely going to be totaled, front end frame damage, rear suspension broken, all 4 wheels bent to hell, should i go on ?

Anyways back on topic, i really loved my 05 STi and i know that im going to end up getting the 06 but i was wondering how much theyre going for these days and where i should start negotiating. Im looking for a monthly payment of no more than $450 a month, i was paying 448 on my 05 and i got that car for $34,405 with 6k down. Im hoping i can snag one for invoice which would be at about 31 or 32 and i have 3k down to put on top...any advice please let me know thanks guys ! Im in SoCal by the way.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts
Go after an 07. New 2nd, 4th & 5th gear ratios. No longer need 3rd to hit 60, etc. I don't imagine there would be much difference in the price. Did you have gap insurance, or were you ahead of the depreciation?
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
BruceChapman said:
i'd get another '05. it's better car.
And he'd probably be purchasing a ride that's been beat up. That's what stopped me from buying a used STI.

You should be able to walk out the door with an 06 STI for about $33 - $34,000 if not cheaper.

But if you can afford the 07 Limited, why not? :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gear ratios are changed on the 07 Limited ? Or are you guys talking about the 07 lineup STis..when are those scheduled to come out btw ?

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts
All 07 STis have revised gearing, .6" shorter wheelbase and a few other knick-knack changes. Since suspension is easier to mod than a tranny (so the shorter wheelbase is easier to overcome than the shorter gears), I'm looking at an 07 STi myself. Not the Limited, but whatever makes your turbo spool.

I'll dig up the post for you about the changes...

EDIT: Here it is... http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60763

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
boondocksaint said:
Go after an 07. New 2nd, 4th & 5th gear ratios. No longer need 3rd to hit 60, etc.
:notsure: bla to this, basically now it's gonna be better for "drag racing" i say go for the 06, if you dont drive your car like a old man you use the short gears to your advantage as in autox/HPDE's, first plastic motor mounts to "tame it down" now longer gears.......:tdown:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didnt have Gap Insurance guys, so this ones gonna hurt a little, good thing i had a significant amount of down on my 05. Im going to have around 3500 for down payment.

Ive made up my mind, ima go with an 06 STI, only thing now is the damn color... Ive had an 04 WRX in Aspen White, but the white turned milky after a year of ownership and thats what caused me to steer away from an Aspen White 05 STi...but now im leaning towards and AW 06. Has anyone had any problems with the color fading ??

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
kessler89 said:
if you dont drive your car like a old man
hey hey hey...watch that

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
my youngest son just started u of miami. my oldest son (30) is making me a grandfather for the second time in a couple weeks.

why, i've had boners older than you (isfh).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts