IW STi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just put some new rotors and pads on my 04 sti today. Took the vehicle out for a test ride to make sure everything felt ok and it did. I pulled into my garage and after I turned the vehicle off it started making this ticking noise near the passenger side of the engine. The ticking was fast at first and slowed down over time. Almost like a water bottle left open on its side that gradually stops dripping. I couldn’t see any visible fluid under the car. Any thoughts on what this might be before I have someone look at it?

thanks

·
Premium Member
See about
6,361 Posts
Exhaust parts often tick, but your description is of turbo coolant rising - I think boiling and having the vapor push coolant bubble in to the tank above and drawing in cooler coolant. This is normal and actually a function of the design.

ADDED: I believe this occurs more often if your coolant is low, so it is worth checking. But it does not have to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.