IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is basically the complete suspension from my 2008 STI. All of this was carefully considered, tweaked and tuned over the years until I reached my personal nirvana with the car. Now that I'm moving on, I have to say that taking it all off the car and driving it without again was probably the saddest part of selling the car. All of this just transforms the car. Most parts (except sways) have about 15K miles on them and all are in very good condition unless otherwise noted. If you are in the Bay Area and want it all, I'll give you a deal over the individual pricing below. Some stuff is separable, and some not: just ask.

1) Turnin Concepts SST Coilovers (custom valved AST 4100s) with 8K/9K (F/R) Swift springs and MSI/DMS motorsports camber plates. If you don't know these coilovers, they're legendary and I don't think Tony and Clint build them anymore:

Review of Turn-In Concepts SST coilovers (with updates!)

The camber plates are not the "street" MSI plates, but rather the motorsport version and can be set up to add camber only or a combination of camber and caster. They are bulletproof, and as you can see in the photos, they are things of beauty. One of the fronts has a torn dust boot: I have two extra boots that are included, along with adjustment extenders for the rears and the perch adjustment tool.

Flickr Photo
Flickr Photo
Flickr Photo

$1900+shipping obo, but local sale (Bay Area Peninsula) preferred.

2) Whiteline Rear LCA KTA139. Whiteline only did one run of these aluminum arms (also fits BRZ) and they are beautiful. Complete, in original box with instructions:

Flickr Photo

SOLD!

3) 2011 STI Front LCA with Whiteline KCA425M motorsports ALK, urethane front bushing upgrade and KCA313 roll-center kit installed. The 2011 arm was an upgrade of the 2008 arm originally on my car. The steel retaining clips on the ALK are rusty but the ball joints in them are still clearly in great shape (although one of the black dust boots has a small hole worn in it.)

Flickr Photo

SOLD!

4) Whiteline KTA125 Adjustable Rear Toe Arms (old style):

Flickr Photo

SOLD!

5) Cobb Hollow Adjustable Front and Rear sway bars and Kartboy endlinks with ~25K miles. This rear bar was only sold only in 2008-2009 (I think) and used a straight hollow bar with splined ends onto which lightweight, aluminum anodized arms clamp. It's the lightest bar setup I know of, but it is important to torque the clamp bolts properly and use thread lock on them: I will be happy to advise you on this. Includes all hardware (w/ grease fittings for bushings) and Kartboy F/R end links with all spacers in original box.

Flickr Photo

$300 + shipping obo, but local sale (Bay Area Peninsula) is preferred.

6) Whiteline front underbracing, KSB723 and KBR14.

Flickr Photo

$175 + shipping obo

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Major part-out: TIC SST w/ DMS plates, arms, bars, braces, etc...

New Year's bump for some great suspension bits. I'd like to get this stuff out of my garage and will consider reasonable offers!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Pre-spring bump for great suspension bits in great condition. In particular, the SSTs are amazing street+track coilovers and you can't get them anymore. I can't believe I don't have an offer on these yet, but I'll entertain reasonable offers on any and all parts, together or individually. The worst that can happen is that I'm not willing to sell as low as your offer, right? :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Any rust or damage on the whiteline LCA rears ?
Nope. The arms are anodized aluminum and even the hardware is still pristine. They were the last addition to my setup, so have relatively few miles on them and I didn't drive the car much in wet weather anyway.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bump for the stuff I still have:

- one of the best coilovers setups for street/track
- front underbracing
- the lightest swaybar setup for the GR/GV

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Bump for some summer price drops! :)

·
Registered
345 Posts

Still have the SST's? Wondering if they will work on a 15+ STI..

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Still have the SST's? Wondering if they will work on a 15+ STI..
Yes... I still have them, and yes, they will fit and are appropriate (same mounting points, no changes to motion ratios or corner balance). KW, RCE, etc. simply relabeled their GR coilovers for 2015+ with the addition of a new mount for the ABS sensor wire, which used to bolt on on but now uses a plastic clip. (progress?) I'm not sure, but I'm guessing most of the 2015+ systems come with an added bit for this, rather than actually modifying the lower mount.

This video (also at the top of the Subispeed coilover page) will tell you everything you need to know:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2634789

http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-sti/suspension/coilovers

I would suppose Subispeed (or someone that sells coilover parts for the 2015+ setups) would sell you a clip as described in that video for almost nothing if you didn't want to deal with fabbing your own or using a zip tie as described here:

http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Subaru/2015_WRX/JSC_Speed_Project_Car.html

Would be happy to get these out of my garage and onto a car where they will be enjoyed, so feel free to drop me a PM!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

If it's not listed as sold, I've still got it!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump!

Amazed that the coilovers have escaped being sold a few times now. I get that they are a major purchase, but if you want your car to handle the way it really should, you won't regret getting them.

Make me an offer... such a shame to have them in a box where nobody enjoys them!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bumping from beyond the grave!

I've still got the unsold stuff from the original post, where it's too valuable to toss, especially the coilovers and beautiful MSI/DMS "motorsport" level camber plates , which are both correct for all 2008+ cars. If you remember me at all, you know I was a perfectionist for handling and suspension function, and these were the best (and overall most expensive) modification on my car. However, I wouldn't have traded any of these parts for anything similar: every detail was carefully considered after extensive research and testing of different parts.

I'll consider any reasonable offers so don't be shy. I've got new projects in the garage (see attached photo), and am motivated to move this stuff out!!

Cheers,
Tim

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Bump!

Amazed that the coilovers have escaped being sold a few times now. I get that they are a major purchase, but if you want your car to handle the way it really should, you won't regret getting them.

Make me an offer... such a shame to have them in a box where nobody enjoys them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts