IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got to the point where I'm tired of the power of the stock turbo, my tuner strongly suggested the Bloush Dominator 2.5XT-R Ball-Bearing turbo. Whenever I see people talking about upgrading their turbos they talk about the 20g or others but no one talks about these. My goal long term is 500whp but I am still on stock block so I would be shooting for 400whp until then. So if any one knows more about these I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
so i wouldnt get stuck on a number, as pending the dyno type, you may or may not hit 500whp with both the 1.5xtr or the 2.5xtr. personally, my favorite stock location turbo is the 1.5xtr, but the 2.5 is also a really good turbo. pending supporting mods, on 93 octane on the local to my area dynojet, we'd see the 2.5 making in the 380-400 range. on e85 it was in the upper 400s, not sure if we ever saw a 2.5 hit 500 on our dyno, but if you were on a dynapack dyno, it would absolutely hit that. for the 1.5 on pump gas we'd see 370-390, on e85 easily mid 400s, some were pushing higher boost levels making into the upper 400s. both will add lag, but dont be scared of that, it more than makes up for the slight lag on the top end, and even in the lower portion the extra lag you'll get really isnt bad.

what fuel will you be running?

·
Registered
40 Posts
i literally just picked up my car from the tuner on Saturday. I fitted Blouch 2.5xtr 8cm with 38mm GFB external gate runing e85. I got 285kw at the wheels.

I havnt slept for 3 nights from the adrenaline. Feels like ive done a bunch of drugs and cant sleep.

Get the 2.5 xtr its a true Garret Turbo

forgot to mention i'm on stock block

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i literally just picked up my car from the tuner on Saturday. I fitted Blouch 2.5xtr 8cm with 38mm GFB external gate runing e85. I got 285kw at the wheels.

I havnt slept for 3 nights from the adrenaline. Feels like ive done a bunch of drugs and cant sleep.

Get the 2.5 xtr its a true Garret Turbo

forgot to mention i'm on stock block
oh dang you got more in it too lol. that's very close to what my 20g put down, granted, i am built and close to the limit of what the turbo will do, where you have alot of headspace should you do a shortblock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts