IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My outside thermometer is not working.
Sometimes it works correctly but intermittently it shows --°, sometimes it says 94°, and most recently it is showing -22° (lower limit).

I am in Boston and I know it is about 30° outside +/-10° variance.

Other than going to the dealer (still under warranty) any recommendations on how to fix this? Does anyone know where the Temp Probe is located?

Thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I bet you recently took it through a car wash....

I'm up in NH and this happens every time I take it through a car wash (touchless). I think it needs to be at or below freezing temps for it to happen. The first time it happened to me, it took a couple of days to go away...but, it eventually did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a service bulletin on that just came out Jan 22nd. Under the fuse box there is a resistor pack that some of the pins corroded. Take it to the dealer it is a quick fix. Unless your car is like mine and the pins rusted right off. They had to replace a part of my wiring harness.

·
Registered
175 Posts
:i had the same problem. i also live in boston. whenever i went through a car wash or if it rained and then got cold it would act funny. I found that after it sat for a day in dry weather it went back to normal. i sprayed the sensor (behind the front bumper, accesable from the bottom grill) with wd-40. i have never had the problem ever since! going about 8 months now!!!:)

·
Registered
433 Posts
For shame, you should be hand washing your STIs! (just kidding, I've been hitting the carwash also... way too cold!)

·
Registered
374 Posts
There is a service bulletin on that just came out Jan 22nd. Under the fuse box there is a resistor pack that some of the pins corroded. Take it to the dealer it is a quick fix. Unless your car is like mine and the pins rusted right off. They had to replace a part of my wiring harness.

Do you happen to have more info on this?...I can't find any information on it anywhere?

Where is there a comprehensive list of all the TSBs for our cars anyway?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
after more than a week, it seems to have come back to normal. Hopefully it stays that way. I will try the WD40 deal if I can find the sensor. I dont suppose anyone has more specific location than gungaslow?

On a maybe or not related note, My Highbeams have now stopped working. When i flip the stick forward, they illuminate, but very, very dimly. Any recommendations?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts