IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! Someone tried to steal my rims today. They jacked up the car from the wrong place and made a huge dent under the car! After they jacked the car up they musta realized the wheel locks or something...
When I came back to my car some dude was told me that he saw someone holding a jack walking away from my car... I looked underneath and I saw this:

Will this effect the car at all? Does anyone know what part I need to purchase to make this okay again? Or should I not worry? Oh I didn't feel a change in driving going home...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nah, that should be cool. My car, although not an STi, has some wear where I jack it up at kinda like that. It looks like you could almost stick a crobar or something in there and bend it back. But if you can't notice it without sticking your head under the car, I wouldnt worry about it.

Ken

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wow - what b*stards. That would bum me out hardcore, but at least they got away empty handed. I actually did this to my '02 VW trying to change a flat w/o reading my owners manual. I would tell you to check your floorboards where they'd tried to jack up the car - it's possible you will have a "bubble" somewhere, although it doesn't appear as though you should from where the damage occurred. If the floorboard HAS bubbled keep a close eye on that area during rain, as it's possible standing water could get splashed up into the damaged area (again, doesn't look likely from the pic, but just trying to cover all bases having been thru this recently w/my daily driver). My condolences. Did that not set off your alarm? Factory? Aftermarket?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car had factory alarm... i'm guessing since they jack the car up slowly it probably didn't really trigger anything... its not really a mounting point though... mounting points are under the side skirt... no bubble in the floor. what happend looks like the suspension was bent inwards.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'd have your dealer or a good bodyshop take a peek under there and see what their thoughts are. Too bad YOU didn't see the guy walking away w/the jack - I bet you could have showed him where to put it. Hope it all works out for ya senor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Evo engine into a.....Ferrari??!!??...whaaat?

StuBrown said:
I'd have your dealer or a good bodyshop take a peek under there and see what their thoughts are. Too bad YOU didn't see the guy walking away w/the jack - I bet you could have showed him where to put it. Hope it all works out for ya senor.
Imagine if he had caught the guy, and he actually did stick the jack up his ass!!! That would do justice for every guy that had his rims or car stolen, although it might not amuse a judge.

·
Registered
114 Posts
LaZy4zNbOi said:
Will this effect the car at all? Does anyone know what part I need to purchase to make this okay again? Or should I not worry? Oh I didn't feel a change in driving going home...
This will not affect the car in any meaningful way, but I would consider fixing it. I fix the little things so there is no cumulative effect, and my cars look and feel great for many years.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Imagine if he had caught the guy, and he actually did stick the jack up his ass!!! That would do justice for every guy that had his rims or car stolen, although it might not amuse a judge.
Would this qualify that guy as a "JACKASS".
8)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I would have shot him with my sig then dragged his dead ass back to my house (inside) and called the cops. :evil:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Norseman said:
I would have shot him with my sig then dragged his dead ass back to my house (inside) and called the cops. :evil:
make sure don't leave a track on the way u his dead ass :lol:

·
Registered
983 Posts
oops, i meant " u drag his dead ass "

1 - 16 of 16 Posts