IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on all forums and found no subject on theft detterance. Thats kind of suprising considering what kind of car the STI is.

I'm getting my STI next month but a friend of mine already had a bad experience. He just got his STI a couple of weeks ago. He left it at the dealership for an early bird service and someone jacked his intercooler!!! :evil: It was behind a 10' steel gate with spikes on top but I guess someone wanted it bad enough to jump that thing. Probably an inside job.

So here's my question what are your guy's experience with this kind of bulls**t (sorry for strong language but I think it's appropriate here) and what are you doing about it?

The way I figure it theft detterance is going to be a pretty big topic in this forum.

·
Registered
858 Posts
look, there is really no true theft deterrence other than a 24 hour guard.

i have had mega alarm installs in my previous daily driver, and about a month after getting it back from the stereo shop for a $500 alarm install (this is 1994 dollars), they attempted to steal my stereo.

i had LEDs on the door by the door lock plunger and they still tried to pry the door handle first, then the rear quarterpanel window, which they shattered into a million pieces.

so there. thieves are slimy creatures that will want your stuff. they are criminals. i wish they would just die.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts