Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: thedumbestmaniknow's 08 murked out STi

Very nice

·
Registered
342 Posts

I'm lovin it! The matte black looks awesome! Can't wait to see the wheels on!

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

Lookin' good so far bro! Love the murked out look. So it's named after the goddess of rice? I was a bit confused when you said you're obsessed with tranny's, guess I had my mind in the gutter again. :lol:

I give you an A for effort on powdercoating the base wheels. But man with that paint job you really NEED NEED NEED WHEELS! :D

·
Registered
342 Posts

Lookin' good so far bro! Love the murked out look. So it's named after the goddess of rice? I was a bit confused when you said you're obsessed with tranny's, guess I had my mind in the gutter again. :lol:

I give you an A for effort on powdercoating the base wheels. But man with that paint job you really NEED NEED NEED WHEELS! :D
+1 for mind in gutter....YUCKERS:rofl:

·
Registered
415 Posts

looking good so far.... why didnt you black out the tails??? anyways cant waith till is all done, keep the pics coming bro!!

·
Registered
381 Posts

Yeah I agree those base wheels gotta go for sure. You can always buy my silver BBS and powdercoat them instead.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

...So it's named after the goddess of rice? I was a bit confused when you said you're obsessed with tranny's, guess I had my mind in the gutter again. :lol:
+1 for mind in gutter....YUCKERS:rofl:

Inari is the deity of fertility, rice, foxes, agrilculture, industry, and worldy success. If you do a little more reading, this fertility was based on context, and therefore means success. Rice = success when you're starving. (It was a conflict though, since I hate "rice" as it pertains to vehicles) More important than what it was the deity of, was that he/she is the only Shinto deity to be represented as a female, a male, or androgynous. You did have your minds in the gutter, and YOU DID WELL!! I love trannys, can't get enough of 'em! I name my vehicles male or female based on whether they "feel" masculine or feminine to me. The thing is, the GD felt masculine. My 84 GTI feels masculine. Tell me the GR doesn't "feel" a little conflicted, like the poor girl/boy doesn't know which he/she should be!! So, I needed a tranny name! So good work guys, you got it right!

Yeah I agree those base wheels gotta go for sure. You can always buy my silver BBS and powdercoat them instead.
Not a fan of the BBS's, myself, except the gold on WRB. I have a set of 17" Ultraleggera's (black) for winter, and am looking for a set of 19" Advan RS's in black for summer cruising wheels. No excuses, I love the look of the 5-spokes.

.... why didnt you black out the tails??
I have 10% tint on a car that already stood out, now will stand out more, if I blacked the tails (because, sorry, smoked looks like -blank-), I may as well also order the optional full wrap that proclaims, in bright safety orange letters (over the matte black, of course!), "Pull me over and give me lots of tickets, HORRAY!!" :lol:

I'm trying to find a solution to this, but having had a few too many black on black on black cars, every time I blacked the tails and headlights, I got tickets like they were door prizes at Chucky Cheese...

Thanks for the compliments, don't expect any pix for a while, these are all I have gotten back since I dropped the car off in September... nothin' like usin' up a year of your warranty sittin' in storage.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

Inari is the deity of fertility, rice, foxes, agrilculture, industry, and worldy success. If you do a little more reading, this fertility was based on context, and therefore means success. Rice = success when you're starving. (It was a conflict though, since I hate "rice" as it pertains to vehicles) More important than what it was the deity of, was that he/she is the only Shinto deity to be represented as a female, a male, or androgynous. You did have your minds in the gutter, and YOU DID WELL!! I love trannys, can't get enough of 'em! I name my vehicles male or female based on whether they "feel" masculine or feminine to me. The thing is, the GD felt masculine. My 84 GTI feels masculine. Tell me the GR doesn't "feel" a little conflicted, like the poor girl/boy doesn't know which he/she should be!! So, I needed a tranny name! So good work guys, you got it right!
:rofl: Dude, you are the man. The only thing I respect more than a man who loves trannys is a man who brags about it. :rofl:

·
Registered
19 Posts

wow nice find man maybe some mean green rims on there although I love the black on black

1 - 20 of 133 Posts