IW STi Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The information gathered herein was pieced together from various sources, so I'm sure someone with the time and will can do one for the newer generation cars. I am not that person, though.
ahaha thanks for the response.
I will have to keep doing my research then.

I have two different cars that I am looking at.
2011 STI and a 2010 STI.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post the autotrader link on here or not.

But I just wanted to learn what the differences are, and which one I should get.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
You can post a thread in the general forum for the cars you're considering if you'd like the masses to weigh in. Truth be told, just drive them and have them inspected. The winner should become clear as you go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I should've seen this before I bought my 04... Java Black Pearl exclusive to 04 only? I feel really special lol. Picked her up with 99k. Obviously I got the 105k maintenance done early ��

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I should've seen this before I bought my 04... Java Black Pearl exclusive to 04 only? I feel really special lol. Picked her up with 99k. Obviously I got the 105k maintenance done early ��
Correct. It was replaced by Obsidian Black Pearl for the remainder of the GD chassis model life.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
After thorough inspection Id consider it for the right price, not near 23K though. Maybe the NDA price if it looked good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After thorough inspection Id consider it for the right price, not near 23K though. Maybe the NDA price if it looked good.

Thanks for the reply.

Just finished checking it out and taking it for a spin.

What a blast it is to drive. Wow.

The front bumper was cut to fit a FMIC but is currently running a TMIC. He said a new bumper would cost $201.
Windshield is cracked pretty good. Should I have him fix it or deduct from the asking price? Do I go OEM?
There's a few (5+) small areas of scuffed paint, along with another 5-6 small dents around the car. Not sure how to go about negotiations.

I will be going to the bank tomorrow to ask for $17k (NADA value).
He said he could come down a little off his original asking price of $23k.

Any thoughts or comments?
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
You've added new problems you know will cost you money. The car looked better in the pics. At this point i don't think the seller is being close to reasonsble. From what I've read I'd pass.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
No way I would pay $23k for that. With all the issues you said $17-$18k would be my limit. $23k would be what I would pay if the thing looked mint and was stock and had been its entire life (and $23k would still be a stretch).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you both for your responses.

I'm going to negotiate cost tomorrow and will bring these issues to his attention.
He had already said he's willing to come down.

There is currently a code on the car (AVCS) and the buyer claims he is going to be installing new oil feed lines to the turbo. Anyone ever deal with this?

Also, I live in Alaska and if I were to find an STi in the continental US, I'd have first get a plane ticket, then either pay for shipping the car up here or gas to drive it back here.
Which in my esitmation would be $1500-$2000 or more.

Thank you again. I can't tell you how helpful this is to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gonna be purchasing a '05 sti im the coming week.

in great condition, completely stock except for the clutch/flywheel. and dude still has the stock ones too.

$22000 @ 71k miles. what y'all think ??

101 - 113 of 113 Posts