IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh ok. I didn't know if there was a butter zone mileage for these things. I got a 2007 GTI so this is a whole new ball game for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome write up...i know it was posted a while ago but still,im glad there are people like you and thoses who take the time after being in the same situation alot of us are getting in to,to make people aware of things like these....Thank you very much!

Im just adding a little note in here,as i didn't see anything regarding it.
When you buy your New/used STi that has an immobalizer/transponder keys,make sure they come with the four metal security ID tags. These are incase you have to order new keys,your immobilzer reciver has a code that is read from the tranponder inside your key and is unique to your immobilzing unit. With out these ID tags you'll have to have your unit reprogrammed by a Subaru dealer,which could be costly.

Scrappy came with four tags two bigger ones and two smaller ones that say "Security ID" and should have number on on each tag. Again these tags should be metal and there should be a tag for each key,The two big tags are for the black keys,one small tag for the grey valet key and a small one for the remote's as I believe the ID number is the same for both remotes. Hope this helps

·
Registered
671 Posts
Helpful thread. Makes ideas that I had already about certain years basically confirmed. I deff want an 07 if I can find a good deal.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Subscribed so I don't have to keep searching for this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oyo. New guy and looking for an STI. Is there another thread like this that has lined up the differences and idiosyncracies the new generation of STIs?

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
One has not been compiled to my knowledge. You may try lurking in a certain other forum that shall remain nameless. The information that constitutes the bulk of this thread came from multiple sources, both here and elsewhere. I ain't no guru.

But... I do know how to search. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a great thread.
I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know if there is one similar to this for the 08-14 models?

I am in the market for a used STI.

Thanks

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
The information gathered herein was pieced together from various sources, so I'm sure someone with the time and will can do one for the newer generation cars. I am not that person, though.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts