IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks man. Im new to the whole subie scene so i just need some help...im more of an american car guy but my typhoon is too expensive to repair so i wanna get something thats a little lighter on the pocket book

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its a clean title with a theft recovery brand. the page says it was stripped of interior, engine, and transmission. it was replaced with used OEM parts.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That sounds pretty shady to me. An engine and transmission, plus the whole interior, aren't exactly easy to just walk off with. I'd be wary of this car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
eh i guess...it could have been stolen and stripped. it happened to my friends evo and another friends integra. both got jacked and were found with no drivetrain or interior. im just looking to get into one for a relatively cheap price

·
Registered
46 Posts
im from portland and silverline is pretty well known around here as overall being shady. they normally make Frankenstein cars by buying wrecked sti's and replacing the problem parts with factory parts off other wrecked cars. mixing and matching, which is why this car has some 05+ parts judging from the pictures. which is perfectly legal but i personally wouldnt buy from them. wait a extra few months and up your budget. it will be worth the wait. good customer service and selection of parts though. FWIW

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
check out nasiocs car fs section. theres a crapload on there. also in the regional/chapters section ... theres a few also (if youre willing to drive/fly down to so cal ... theres a good amt of cars fs)

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
I want to add a Clutch/flywheel diagnostic test that can be performed in several minutes prior to the purchase of your pre loved candidate.

If your test driving a used STI,and for any reason you feel that the clutch is
possibly dysfunctional,or just as a precautionary measure for piece of mind,follow these steps:

1-Find a reasonably clear area off the street [away from traffic].
Engage parking/hand/E brake [whatever you refer to it as] all the way to highest point .

2-Start up the car with normal clutch engagement,then shift to 6th,and slowly release the clutch pedal.

Results-If the RPM decreases,but the car DOES NOT STALL,stop the test instantly-the clutch is slipping.

If she stalls out -The clutch/flywheel is still alive,but if you have a sense something is not right ,it may be other factors that need addressed,but for the time being your clutch health is at least functional.

Also,on a non clutch related issue- If your prospective STi is an 02 to 07,subtract 5% of the ODO number for the actual miles to date.
A class action win for the people officially revealed the 5 mph padding issue that intentionally increased the miles sooner than actual driving distance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys I'm going to be looking at an 08 soon is there a thread with info like this about them? If not is there anything i should know before going to look at it?

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I no longer update this, though the current moderator staff may be convinced to compile information to do so.

If you're desperate, try NASIOC.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
What would be the ideal mileage be for a used 2007?
2?

It's not so much the mileage as the condition. If you subscribe to standard usage averages, then 10k a year would be "low" mileage. 12k a year would be average, and 15k or more would be high.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts