IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1189 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Re: Cherry's 2011 OBP Sedan

Coilovers might be a possibility next month if I can manage to save money. The wheels are probably a long way off though. I'm really liking the chargespeed CF kit. Might combine that with a CF scoop and trunk trim <--- still not sure if I like that part or not. Might get the RCE sways at the end of the month and try to find a place to throw in a short shifter. In the mean time I'm going to start buying lottery tickets.
Here's my suggestion with respect... if you permit me

I can see you are all over the place, which I can relate… God it's hard not to Mod!!

You obviously wanna feel and look something a little different from your new car

So while saving up on coin and being very mindful of not having to repeat already modded parts… think about this to start off

Cobb AP, CAI or SRI, FR & RR sways, Kartboy STS, hella horns and rallyAmor flaps

Remember, If you wanna go fast.. you gotta be able to make that curve ;)

Check out Scoob… great thought out example to follow

Trust me… just that will southed the pain for at least a short while and not totally break the bank :lol:

But if you are gun hoe on doing ASAP… Stage 1 or 2 is an absolut first… no question… as OEM tune/may sucks balls !

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
I'm stage 1 right now. In the hunt for a DP right now. You'll enjoy a stage 1 full suspension car.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Here's my suggestion with respect... if you permit me

I can see you are all over the place, which I can relate… God it's hard not to Mod!!

You obviously wanna feel and look something a little different from your new car

So while saving up on coin and being very mindful of not having to repeat already modded parts… think about this to start off

Cobb AP, CAI or SRI, FR & RR sways, Kartboy STS, hella horns and rallyAmor flaps

Trust me… just that will southed the pain for at least a short while and not totally break the bank :lol:
AP, SRI, DP are all taken care off. I'm definitely getting sways/short throw before christmas. its mostly the decision on whether or not I want to drop 2400 on the coilovers. I keep adding the RA flaps to my cart but never pull the trigger heh.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

I keep adding the RA flaps to my cart but never pull the trigger heh.
I know… it sounds like a low key mod… but damn does it ever change the total look of the car in my opinion :D

Oh sorry… hadn't noticed the AP and stuff already done… I just jumped in thinking you where bone stock

Sorry! my bad.. should of took the time to read your list :p

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

I know… it sounds like a low key mod… but damn does it ever change the total look of the car in my opinion :D

Oh sorry… hadn't noticed the AP and stuff already done… I just jumped in thinking you where bone stock

Sorry! my bad.. should of took the time to read your list :p
No worries! Defi red racer is in on monday and the cobb SF and DP are in on tuesday so I'll hopefully spend all of tues afternoon under the hood. Just need to convince my buddy's wife to let me commandeer their garage for the day.

edit: the rce sways fit 5 door and sedan?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

No worries! Defi red racer is in on monday and the cobb SF and DP are in on tuesday so I'll hopefully spend all of tues afternoon under the hood. Just need to convince my buddy's wife to let me commandeer their garage for the day.

edit: the rce sways fit 5 door and sedan?

Well in order to make that happen… here's your first line to obtain the work space

" You lost weight! right?"

There you go… Gauge, SF and DP should be done by the time she figures out it was an all out sarcastic line :rofl:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Haha. I haven't met her yet, actually. I think I'm going to go ahead and order a STS and bushings as well. At least I can install that in the parking lot at the barracks and not have to try to swoon my buddies wife.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Haha. I haven't met her yet, actually. I think I'm going to go ahead and order a STS and bushings as well. At least I can install that in the parking lot at the barracks and not have to try to swoon my buddies wife.
Hahaha…

There goes the mod-bug in full effect :lol::D

Watch out folks… he's gone crazy !

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

So I wasn't aware that the STIs had hill start assist. This caused some major confusion while I was sitting at a stoplight on a hill and made me look like a retard to the guy behind me I bet.

Also, an MP pulled me over today for "not completely stopping when turning right at a red light" He then proceeded to question me more about the car than anything else, looked at my papers/license...and then I left.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

Got the cobb sts in today, borrowed some jack stands and jacked the car up with the spare tire jack (sucked...lots) and pinned the lockout cable, got the shifter off and realized I needed a punch/hammer to get the reverse lockout off....which I don't have. 2 hour lunch break wasted :( I'll get some photos tomorrow when I can actually get this thing put in hopefully.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

Finally got the short throw installed. Took a bit longer than expected and I wasn't able to put on the downpipe, but I did get the SF Intake installed after lunch today. Sounds great. Feels like the turbo spools up a little faster and pulls a bit harder at lower RPM. Very satisfied with the intake and short throw.

41 - 60 of 1189 Posts