IW STi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you are getting Ohlins coilovers from Japan, they are more than likely under the "Soki" (spelling?) name, since Ohlins isn't even a "JDM" company, they are Swedish. They use Soki in Japan to manufacture Ohlins products or derivitives. Yamaha also owns a portion of Ohlins, or vice versa, if my memory serves me correctly.

Apparently Ohlins hardly makes any products for road cars and the vast majority of their efforts are focused squarely on top tier motorsports such as F1 racing, and rally. They do make the road and track setups for the S2000, WRX, and Evo if I'm not mistaking.

I hope my memory didn't blow smoke up everyones asses, that info is pretty much what I can remember from my days slinging aftermarket parts. I hope I didn't get everything completely wrong. :)

Ohlins is some pretty good stuff.

Oh yeah, Sweet car though, loving the IC piping!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
actually I wont be getting those coilovers anymore...too bad. The brand was Arigosta

so none of you guys got it right.... sorry.

Instead I am getting some JIC FLT-A2's built with some serious custom action for the street. :D

We did find some of the Arigostas in Yokohama, japan, but they were used and a little damaged...so..I opted for the JICs instead. So I still get some rare JDM stuff because it will be all custom built.

Fun stuff.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)
hehe...just had my custom coilovers installed today.

JIC FLT-A2 (Terry Spec)

Holy crap the car handles freakin awesome! zero body roll! but guess what....they can still take bumps in the road even better than the stockers! HE said that this was the best suspension setup for the street period...and you know what...I really believe him. He knows what the hell he is doing when it comes to cars. You can find info on him at www.DriftBuffet.com His name is Terry.

He had them special built for me in like two days, delivered them, and even installed them for me. He will be doing my engine work as well in the near future. He had the most impressive shop ever.... 5-6 SR20's sitting around 2 RB26 DETT sitting there, a gang of badass JDM nissan parts.

I dunno how I got so lucky.

I also chipped the paint on the piping..but no biggie...i will be going with a rotated mount trubo kit anyway...so I will have new pipes to paint.

I also sourced another seat for my car...they should be installed sometime this week when the BRIDE rails come in.

I was thinking about painting the Bride rails before I install them...what do you guys think? what sick color should we do? we have an entire paint shop at our disposal.

-Ryan

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
damn,custom coilovers in 2 days is pretty cool ! for the seat rails, not sure what color, i'd rock somethign that matches the interior or even the rims since you'll only really see them with the door open

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Nice choice for the coilovers, I had JIC coilovers on 240sx and loved them. I'll probably get them for the STi too when its time. Your cars coming along great, congrats man.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Nice Bro, I would paint the rails something to match the exterior of the car!! Java Black Pearl with the White Bride logo would be hot. BTW, what Bride seats are you getting.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
not getting any bride seats...the rails are the only ones that fit the chargespeed seats.

The exterior of the car wont be java black pearl for much longer...so...I dunno about painting them that color. The interior of the car is predominatly black...even the new seats are black. I want something that is going to make them stand out, but not too much. Maybe some type of gold color..

-Ryan

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Hmmm, gold may look right...or how about a nice charcoal color....maybe with gold flakes?!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
so I saw the fast and the furious two days ago...it wasnt bad imo...pretty sweet drifting...ok so...I leave the theatre and am on my way to my friends house to pick him up so we can go play some pool.

So I come to a stop....BAM! I get tagged from behind. Some chick in a huge ass old school pimpmobile style chevy...i check the damage....dent in my Invidia G200 Muffler, and a few little impressions on my bumper. Then I also notice something else....my STI badge is missing from the trunk...but she didnt even touch that area...FAWK!!! somebody decided to jack my badge and scratch up my trunk while I was watching the movie!

The girl didnt have insurance...naturally...so i got her info and told her i just wanted her to buy me a new exhaust...I mean i own a body shop and can fix the bumper myself...which i dont even care about because you can't see it...and we are about to install the widebody and new rear bumper.

But I am pissed that someone jacked the badge on my car! and scratched the F out of my trunk...I mean...those bastards. Good news is, I already had another STI badge...in black...hehe...jdmness. I was holding off on installing it for a reason it seems. but for now I just put one of my SYMS Racing Team stickers on the back over the scratches...its a ghetto fix, but it works for now...until we repaint the car.

Also, another side note. I am running super rich right now! I am running stage 2 with the perrin FMIC...holy crap lag, and holy crap drop in pressure!

I setup the AP to watch live boost...stage 2 is supposed to be 19 psi? or 17 psi? well I am at 15psi...and getting 178miles to a full tank!

the car is still pulling really damn hard though...I know i shouldnt get on it to much though, but damn....i cant help it. Its still pulling harder than it was before when i had the tmic...but man I should go get it tuned. Or just buy my turbo setup and run low boost until my engine is done being built.

I am planning on going with another exhaust, but maybe one with JDM Fitment. I was looking at the Agency Power..it usdm fitment, but its tits imo.

I am going to have a custom downpipe made for the twin scroll GT35R I have decided to go with...I need the EWG rerouted to the downpipe anyway...so I figured having them make the downpipe a little shorter for a JDM Fitment exhaust wouldnt be a big deal...but I guess we will see.

I still need to decide on an exhaust. If you guys have any suggestions..please send them my way. I'm trying to keep it quiet...so a Titanium exhaust is probably out of the question. I dunno...Its more or less a matter of Rare JDM Bling with me. :lol:

Well...I have been drinking and just thought I would share for the evening.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
munky69 said:
not too many have the agency power exhaust cuz it's vivid racing ! not jdm at all! rare jdm bling? i'd go with the titanium version of this http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=30 :D sux about that crap man, at least the damage isn't a big deal for you, hope the dumb ass that hit you can afford a new exhaust!

yeah I can get that exhaust for a pretty good price in like a day...I was thinking about it, but I dunno...Titanium exhausts are so damn loud.

I had a quiet exhaust compared to most of the people at the meet I attended this morning.

Vivid Racing makes it huh? bummer...well...I still like the way it looks.

Ill keep looking.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
hmmm ok after reviewing all of the information online regarding Agency Power (vivid racing)...I am not buying their exhaust.

But I think I found the exhaust I am looking for.

AMUSE R1 Titan:

(pic is obviously not of a subaru, but you get the idea)

Catches the eye for sure...I would probably buy the R1 Extra Titan which has a gold lip on the inside of the tip.

what do you guys think?

-Ryan

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
i think sti-jdm or somethign like that has that exhaust on nasioc. looks pimp as hell.plus i think you 2 guys would be the only ones with it.. the exhaust i posted up actually isn't that loud (ti ver). well at least the one i heard wasn't, it was quiter than my hks hi-power. not sure if he had a dp or not though

161 - 180 of 236 Posts