IW STi Forum banner

181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Damn, that looks awesome....I would def go for that....gold tip on a black STi would be hot and def unique!!

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
just read your post about the car that had been in an accident, glad to hear you got it figured out and you got some nice mods going on there :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
picked up the other seat today...so now I have two of them..I will take pics today for you guys.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
well this happened yesterday...i dunno how or what but my radiator decided to die. so i should have a new fluidyne in sometime tonight when i pick it up.

anyway...my seat rails finally came in.....so i will be picking them up, my new radiator and my new samco hoses tonight around 730 or so. i will take pics tonight and tomorrow if i can.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
actually my syms cap is only 1.3 bar. same as stock.

no it didnt overheat, I got to my shop...let the car sit for like 45 minutes while I was busy. Then noticed a small blue puddle under the car...popped the hood....screamed outloud in terror, then removed the radiator and pressure tested it.

im lucky it didnt overheat.

-Ryan

·
Registered
357 Posts
Clarque said:
actually my syms cap is only 1.3 bar. same as stock.

no it didnt overheat, I got to my shop...let the car sit for like 45 minutes while I was busy. Then noticed a small blue puddle under the car...popped the hood....screamed outloud in terror, then removed the radiator and pressure tested it.

im lucky it didnt overheat.

-Ryan
stock is not 1.3, the stock radiator filler round cap with no ears it 1.3, but the one on the coolant tank mounted on the manifold is 1.1 bar factory. i see you replaced both with SYMS ones, im thinking one of you caps might be defective, as in stuck closed. you should have them tested.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
XfactorSTi said:
stock is not 1.3, the stock radiator filler round cap with no ears it 1.3, but the one on the coolant tank mounted on the manifold is 1.1 bar factory. i see you replaced both with SYMS ones, im thinking one of you caps might be defective, as in stuck closed. you should have them tested.

hmm...forgot about that one....well i have an arc back up and I have the stockers too...I dont think this will be a problem with the new fluidyne, but I will still check them out.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
yes those cars are from team Autoconcept, some of the members own High End. They are cool guys and gave us the pics to use for our site.

got a new radiator....Fluidyne....no spout! so I need to send it back again! fawk!

-Ryan

·
littleflufferhumper
1,104 Posts
Clarque said:
yes those cars are from team Autoconcept, some of the members own High End. They are cool guys and gave us the pics to use for our site.

got a new radiator....Fluidyne....no spout! so I need to send it back again! fawk!

-Ryan
so how long before you get a new one?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Clarque said:

-Ryan
keep it, no spout is better trust me. older WRX's and JDM STi's used to be spoutless.
i go to there shop every now and then, my uncle painted Ben's car (350Z).

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
La Mer said:
ryan... what's new?

Lol, I have been keeping all of this quiet, but here it goes.

New parts:

-Deadbolt SZ60 (awaiting install)
-Uppipe w/ Tial 38mm EWG setup to be rerouted into DP
-Defi BF Imperial gauges: Oil Pres, Water Temp, EGT, Boost (awaiting install)
-Tial 50mm BOV (awaiting delivery)
-Helix Catless JDM length DP (installed)
-Kakimoto GT1.0Z one piece cat-back (installed)
-Crucial Racing Copper Gaskets (awaiting install)
-TGV's sent out for porting (awaiting return)
-Exhaust manifold to be sent out for porting (awaiting removal)
-T1R Titanium Shift Knob (awaiting delivery)
-Power Enterprise 860cc injectors (awaiting install)
-Agency Power Polished Hard Pipe Turbo Inlet (awaiting delivery)
-5Zigen RSX-6 wheels in SMC (awaiting tires for install)
-repainted my CF Hood
-repainting INGS kit...going to use it for a while it seems

Next to buy/make:
-AP Racing Front Brakes
-Carbon Kevlar everything I can in the interior
-more suspension goodies (whiteline ALK, JIC suspension links)

Thats really all I can think of right now.

I will be making some vdieos for everyone of the new exhaust setup...sounds just like a race car. If you want a sound clip before I can post it, I will let you hear it over my phone...which worked well for some reason. Please identify yourself if you call me. (714) 489 -7140

-Ryan

181 - 200 of 236 Posts