IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Clarque said:
I finally bought my STI...after months of lurking IWSTI...err I mean researching and saving up.

A used 2005 OBP STI with Gold BBS

came with a Fluidyne All aluminum radiator as well :tup:

11346 miles on it when I received it.

I put $16000 down

$27276 OTD!!!!

Already ordered: TIC STI Super Shifter Set from www.turninconcepts.com

Debating between all the catted TBE on the market. So many to choose from. I plan to one day hit at least 400WHP...so would 3.5 be too big?

-Ryan
You probably need 3.5" for that much power, 3" would probably be too restrictive.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Singletrack said:
There are lots of VERY high horsepower cars with 3" TBE.
yeah...I have noticed that as well. But 3.5 inch couldnt hurt performance right?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Clarque said:
yeah...I have noticed that as well. But 3.5 inch couldnt hurt performance right?
It won't hurt it, but it may make it feel different as Lurker points out. But if you are going for 400whp it is going to change the torque/hp curve anyway. APS is the only company that I can think of that sells a 3.5" system and it is quite pricey.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra money; I would put it towards something else and get a solid 3" system from any number of manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Singletrack said:
It won't hurt it, but it may make it feel different as Lurker points out. But if you are going for 400whp it is going to change the torque/hp curve anyway. APS is the only company that I can think of that sells a 3.5" system and it is quite pricey.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra money; I would put it towards something else and get a solid 3" system from any number of manufacturers.
yeah I'm watching the for sale threads...thats kinda why I brought the 3.5 inch up.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
wow. Thats all I can say about today.

My "new" car threw a check engine light this morning....So since it was still under warranty I took it to South Coast Subaru. They took my car and said they would find out what was wrong. Then they call me in like 30 minutes. The service guy Phil pulls back to the repair bays and tells me that my car is not covered by the warranty. He says that it was involved in an accident and some things are out of place in the engine bay and the car will never be under warranty ever again.

So I remember how It was written down and I was told the car was on warranty from the independent dealership I bought it from. I instantly call my bank and put a stop payment on the check I gave them. I call the independent dealership and tell them what is wrong and that I stopped the check and that I am bringing the car back to them and expect my checks back. They were surprised how F-ed up the car was and totally agreeed. So I brought the car back, got my check back, no problems.

So I decide to buy the 04STI I first test drove at South Coast Subaru. I call my insurance and the bank I am getting a loan from while I drive to the dealership to notify them of the situation and give them the info on the 04 I will be buying. I get to south coast subaru and I buy the 04 STI with 20478 miles for 26350 OTD. still has a warranty and great carfax information. Car is in perfect condition. already bebadged how I wanted it, windows already tinted and the interior is all new.

SO I pull out my check book and then I realize that I wrote my last check yesterday...I ordered some last week, but they havent arrived yet. so I have to go to the bank and get a cashier's check. The teller just giggled when I said I needed a cashiers check for 16000 dollars. (I was wearing some dirty jeans and a DC SHOE CO hoodie) She then realizaes I am serious and gives me the check. So I get to the dealership..everything is set...but they didnt get the fax from my insurance company with the info...or at least the fax ran out of ink right in the middle of printing mine. So I have to call my insurance company...and they want my policy number so they can access my info...well I dont know it because I cant read the fax. so I finally explain it all to the insurance chick and she laughs really really hard. then she re faxes it to another number at the dealership and thats that. I drive off in my new black 04 STI with the gun metalish BBS rims.

I can't believe it took so much just to get a freakin STI. I am happy now though. So...I hope the short shifter kit will work with the 04.

thats my day in a nutshell. oh and I got lost on the freeway when I was returning the messed up car.

I needed to vent. sorry.

·
Registered
226 Posts
WOW! I thought my day was bad because I dropped my dish of spagetti on my khaki pants. That really sucks, I am glad you got it all worked out and still have a STi in your driveway.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Looks like everything worked out good for you in the end. Congrats on the new car man, and post up some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bought Tanabe GF210 springs today. Will be installing them and the shifter kit this weekend...if not sooner.

-Ryan

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Ahhh another OBP STi, welcome my brother! I was looking at the catted Invidia Downpipe, gotta wait awhile, dealers are edgey on downpipes....Oh your gonna love the TiC Short throw shifter set with bushings....I just had that installed like a week or two ago....amazing! I previously had the STi short throw shifter that came from the factory as a upgrade. You should also get their rear clunk killer, that helps with the "popping" sound you may hear when hard shifting...congrats on the car, and lets see some pics!:tup:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Clarque said:
Bought Tanabe GF210 springs today. Will be installing them and the shifter kit this weekend...if not sooner.

-Ryan

Wait a minute...1st Great news on the car, you will have fun with it. 2nd where did you get the springs, many people including me are looking for them. Care to share the secrete?

Now, :anypics:

1 - 20 of 236 Posts