IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oil Extreme Oil Change by Interior Flair!

6K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Interior Flair 
#1 · (Edited)
Interior Flair announces the OIL EXTREME™ oil change package! You receive 5 quarts of OIL EXTREME™ extreme pressure 5w30 oil and one AMSOIL EaO13 larger-than-stock Oil Filter and one Subaru crush washer for a special introductory price of $60!

NOTE: The AMSOIL Ea012 filter is the standard Subaru application. The EaO13 filter is slightly longer than the EaO12, providing more filter media exposure. Filter diameter and thread size is the same for both types.

Here is how the OIL EXTREME™ program works:

1. [FONT=arial,helvetica]Change your oil with [/FONT]OIL EXTREME™ better-than-synthetic oil and install the Amsoil EaO13 oil filter.
  2. After 6,000 miles change your oil but do not change your AMSOIL filter. You may leave the oil filter on the car or remove and drain the filter. Either way is ok.
  3. After 12,000 miles change your oil and filter with new OIL EXTREME™ and a new AMSOIL EaO13 filter.
Note: I just changed my oil and filter and will provide a UOA after 6,000 miles. I will continue to support this product with data as it becomes available and believe me, I would not stick my neck out or my reputation if I did not believe in this product and this program 100%!

OIL EXTREME

OIL EXTREME™ technology represents a departure from current additive formulations by re-engineering conventional overbased calcium petroleum sulfonate to achieve an effective, economical and environmentally responsible extreme pressure agent without the use of chlorinated materials, heavy organometallics or other solid materials suspended in oil. The formulations resulting from the re-engineering process allows OIL EXTREME™ technology to be applied to automotive and industrial lubricants without compromising the proven safety of standard additive packages while at the same time improving the performance and extending the effective life of the lubricant.

BASE STOCK

Oil Extreme™ Motor Oil is specially formulated using Group III, very highly refined, hydrocracked and catalytic dewaxed petroleum base oil. This "white water" as it is called is so pure that it is crystal clear. It is processed in special plants built by major oil companies, under high temperatures and pressures to remove all the sulfur, nitrogen and oxygen compounds that normal solvent extraction processes can't remove.
By eliminating these harmful compounds in the base oil it is possible to formulate engine oils with oxidation stability equal to or greater than products based on 100% synthetic oils. They have excellent thermal degradation properties, and perform especially well in high-temperature applications like racing.

ADDITIVE PACKAGE

An API approved standard additive package is added to this special hydrocracked base stock. An additive package provides additional thermal stability enhancers, a small amount of calcium carbonate, and determines the weight of the oil (i.e. 5w30, 15w40, etc.)

EXTREME PRESSURE

Next, the Oil Extreme™ extreme pressure calcium carbonate additive package booster is integrated. This further enhances the thermal stability and oxidation properties, but most importantly it gives extreme pressure capabilities no other oil in the world has. Motor oil manufacturers have known for years calcium carbonate is the best thing to put into oil to increase an oil's extreme pressure characteristics. However, manufacturers have only been able to add small amounts because the calcium carbonate will "settle" out of the oil and end up in the bottom of the barrel/bottle/drum. The petroleum engineer that developed Oil Extreme
™ is credited with discovering the hydrocarbon that when added to calcium carbonate keeps in suspended in oil.

Competitor's advertisements talk about film strength, but not extreme pressure. The reason they don't mention it is because they don't have Oil Extreme™ calcium carbonate additive technology. Oil Extreme™ was tested to in excess of 40 pounds on the Timken-style bearing lubricity test.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

By filling the microscopic asperities in an engine's metal surfaces with a hard tribochemical film, the force applied to each particular engine part can be spread over a much larger area. This lowers friction and wear dramatically. Reducing friction produces horsepower! Another tremendous breakthrough is the extremely high Total Base Number (a 320 Total Base Number) that this additive package has. Just 3% raises the normal TBN of 7 or 8, up to 18. This means the oil drain intervals can be extended 2 or 3 times.

THIN FILM TECHNOLOGY

Racers know there is horsepower to be gained by lowering the viscosity of their oil. During dynamic lubrication, regardless of viscosity, there is a drag caused by the shearing of the oil's molecules. With the Oil Extreme™ tribochemical film there is always the "micro molecule" ultra thin oil film present. The molecules of this extremely thin oil attach themselves to the calcium carbonate molecules and shear first, thereby further reducing friction in a revolutionary new way.
The result of this new technology is more horsepower, torque, lower temperatures, and better mileage with longer engine life. Even under the harshest conditions you'll get performance unmatched by any other oil, whether petroleum or synthetic.

AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters (EaO)

Made with premium-grade full synthetic media. Ea Oil Filters feature advanced full synthetic nanofiber technology, making them the highest efficiency filters that are available for the auto/light truck market.

Absolute Efficiency

AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters (EaO) have the best efficiency rating in the industry. Ea Oil Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7% at 15 microns, while competitive filters containing conventional cellulose medias range from 40 to 80 percent efficiency.

Less Restriction

Amsoil EaO filters have significantly lower restriction than conventional cellulose media filters. Their small synthetic nanofibers trap smaller particles and hold more contaminants, resulting in lower restriction. During cold temperature warm-up periods, an EaO lube filter allows the oil to easily flow through the filter compared to a typical cellulose filter. Lower restriction decreases engine wear.

More Capacity

A filter’s capacity refers to the amount of contaminants it can hold and still remain effective. AMSOIL EaO Filters have a far greater capacity than competing filter lines.

Superior Construction

AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters are made with premium-grade full synthetic media. The strictly controlled processing of this media ensures accurate filter construction, and is what allows Ea Oil Filters to deliver higher capacity and efficiency along with better durability.

Over the service life of a conventional cellulose filter, hot oil will degrade the resins that bind the media. The Ea Oil Filters’ full synthetic media technology is resin-free. It uses a wire screen backing that is pleated with the media for superior strength.
Ea Oil Filters are constructed with HNBR nitrile gaskets that are fully tested to extreme distances in numerous severe environments. The filters also feature fully tucked seams, a molded element seal, roll-formed threads and a long-lasting premium-grade silicone anti-drain valve.

My Family and I have used Oil Extreme in our personal vehicles since 2002 and the results have been amazing. Almost immediately you can actually feel the smoothness in your engine at idle and during power delivery. I noticed this effect in my STi even more than other vehicles. I also noticed better power delivery at tip-in and at redline.
The makers of Oil Extreme™ advertise that Oil Extreme™ gives 7-10% better fuel economy and cut your engine wear in half.

As most Subaru racers know, the boxer engine can experience oil starvation in high-G turns and over time this can lead to engine failure. With the additional protection of Oil Extreme™ I believe this can reduce if not eliminate this problem.

Cory Brown
Interior Flair

See less See more
#3 ·
Man this stuff must be good to lengthen the oil change intervals X2. Intrested to see results!

#6 ·
A standard synthetic does not have the extreme pressure properties of Oil Extreme due to the addition of overbased calcium carbonate. IMHO, the best oil to run, and I have many years of selling and changing oil, is Amsoil with the Oil Extreme additive. This combination coupled with the Ea oil filter is rated for 15,000 miles in the Subaru STi as stated by Amsoil. Call them up and ask them.

ALL motor oils have a small amount of calcium carbonate in them as part of the standard additive package. Oil manufacturers know calcium carbonate is the best extreme pressure agent for oil. However, before Oil Extreme only small amounts were capable because the calcium carbonate would not stay suspended in the oil and settle to the bottom of the barrel/bottle/oil pan. The petroleum chemist that developed the calcium carbonate extreme pressure agent in Oil Extreme discovered the hydrocarbon that when added keeps the calcium carbonate suspended in the oil and gives the highest extreme pressure properties of any oil available.

This is not snake oil. I have applied this oil to at least 5,000 engines since 2002 and each application has noticed a marked difference in smoothness and fuel economy and there has NEVER been an oil related failure.

Recently I applied Oil Extreme to my stage 4 STi and I immediately noticed a much smoother idle and power application.

I stake my reputation on this product and this package.

Also, although Subaru recommends 3,000 mile oil change intervals, this is assuming the application of standard petroleum oil. Oil Extreme is not a standard petroleum oil. The only way a manufacturer can deny warranty is if a failure is attributed directly to an oil related failure per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. In other words, if recommended oil change intervals are extended and there is a failure, warranty can only be denied if failure is PROVEN to be a result of an extended drain interval.

Check it out:

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Believe me, I am EXTREMELY anal about oil and what I run in my cars. I would not even consider let alone SELL this product if I did not believe in it 100%.

UOAs will follow. I have an oil sample from a 2009 Subaru with 3,000 miles on it and will have samples of Oil Extreme with 6,000 miles on it and a virgin oil analysis (VOA) very soon. I stake my reputaton on this product and I have been around IWSTI for over 4 years.

Cory
Interior Flair

#8 ·
oil gets dirty, filters get clogged. i don't want to keep it in my car for more than 3000-4000 miles.

sorry, i'm not trying to make this oil look bad (i have no reason to do so) i'm just not buying the long oil change intervals (on *any* oil). i like clean oil circulating through my motor, not black sirup.

J.

#9 ·
The way I look at it is this: Subarus use oil. Usually on average 1/2 quart per 1,000 miles give or take on the stock block and even more with forged pistons. That equates to 1 1/2 quarts of oil needed on top of the base fill to get to 3,000 miles. Adding new oil will raise the TBN of the used oil that remains in the engine. As a result, the oil is consistently "refreshed" to a point throughout a given interval.

The truth is the quality of the filter is more important than the quality of the oil. That is why this system utilizes the best filter available. Additionally, the filter is slightly larger and exposes the oil to more filter media that already traps smaller particles and is more efficient than other filters. In other words, you can run the best oil on the planet and run a substandard filter and get significant engine wear over an interval.

The data listed in the OP is directly from the Amsoil website.

BTW, I have gone 12,000 miles, adding as needed due to consumption, on Amsoil oil with Oil Extreme additive with no ill effects.

Test this system. Call Amsoil and ask what they recommend using an EaO filter with Amsoil for the STi. I swear they recommend 15,000 miles!!!

Now, even I don't get a fuzzy feeling about going that long. Another truth is very good oil is dumped each day as a result of very good marketing by oil manufacturers that are in the business to sell more oil.

As stated originally, used oil analyses are pending and the results will speak for themselves.

Cory
Interior Flair

#12 · (Edited)
Motul is the best motor oil for the STi... How do I know? I've had 3 STi's built through DynoComp and I've used Moble One, Royal Purple, Amsoil, Castroil, all of which disappeared in the first 2 cars, and then the best of the best Motul.....No burn, and I've been running a Stage 3 21 lbs of boost through my stock motor since 400 miles on the OD! She has 30000 miles on the stock motor to date with NO oil use.......... Nuff said....

#13 ·
I don't see how anyone is even discussing longer oil change intervals on a turbo car. If you commute an STI (LOL..whatever...you guys know you 'drive' them), maybe so...but if you drive spiritedly the turbo is hard on the oil.
I have a couple of good engineers say that the best oil and what a lot of race teams do is mix a percentage of dino oil to synthetic oil. I don't know the percentage...I justuse one or the other. My GN gets Rotella, my STI gets synthetic.

#14 ·
If you aren't comfortable with extended drain intervals then don't. Run Oil Extreme for 3,000 miles and change it. Whatever you are comfortable with is fine. The Amsoil filter is guaranteed for 25,000 miles so I would change the oil at whatever interval you are comfortable with and keep using the filter.

It is nice to know your oil can go for 6,000 if it had to.

Cory
Interior Flair

#23 ·
I don't like the marketing of this product. A Group III base stock is neither "better" or "worse" than Group IV (PAO) or Group V (esters). Also, why does this oil not carry an API rating? They state the calcium carbonate is "an API approved additive," but nowhere do they claim or state ANY API specification.

Sorry, I'm not putting anything in my vehicle without an API SL or SM rating, especially without a VOA or UOA. It's pure marketing hype at this point. If you want a good oil that has data to back it, try Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W40 (API SL).

#24 ·
I have to disagree, PAO's and Esters are better than gp III base stocks, they have higher flash points, have a higher film strength and are just more robust in general, thats why they use Esters in jet aircraft, high pressure high heat app's need a oil that can take it. You will NEVER find a jet aircraft or anything else that runs so hot or takes so much abuse using a petroleum base.

Saying dinosaur oil is just as good as a synthetic is silly. Maybe a for a civic or just some regular daily beater dino oil is acceptable but in a high performance application, its a sin IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.