IW STi Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1625 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thank you :cool:
I got those Californica license plates from my buddy in Oregon.
I put those on for photos. Main reason is, I don't want to blur/photoshop my german license plates in every picture...and those US License Plates look so much better :D

Autobahn isn't as much fun as it sounds...too much traffic most of the time, too many idiots around and there is always that one guy who is traveling at ludicrous speed, thinking he's owning the left lane...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn't say your car is "older", I would say your 22B is the ultimate classic! Here in the States we can only do our best to create replicas of your car. :)
Its a shame you guys didnt get this model and also this year model. You only got the RS of this year didnt you?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Re: Re: The Official 04-07 World Rally Blue STI Thread

Its a shame you guys didnt get this model and also this year model. You only got the RS of this year didnt you?
Yeah we only got the RS for the GC generation. So lots of people end up swapping or turboing the RS to try to make replicas of the GC8 wrx /sti.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah we only got the RS for the GC generation. So lots of people end up swapping or turboing the RS to try to make replicas of the GC8 wrx /sti.
I have seen a couple on the road. What a shame you guys didnt get them. I have found since moving here that there are alot of cars the USA doesnt get. Good cars too

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

Thank you :cool:
I got those Californica license plates from my buddy in Oregon.
I put those on for photos. Main reason is, I don't want to blur/photoshop my german license plates in every picture...and those US License Plates look so much better :D

Autobahn isn't as much fun as it sounds...too much traffic most of the time, too many idiots around and there is always that one guy who is traveling at ludicrous speed, thinking he's owning the left lane...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

I have seen a couple on the road. What a shame you guys didnt get them. I have found since moving here that there are alot of cars the USA doesnt get. Good cars too
Yeah, it's really too bad. I've been to Australia and New Zealand a few times and always drool over the cars. Skylines everywhere, and even sports cars that the US did have, Australia seems to have more of them still driving around, like RX-7s and Silvias.

BTW do you watch Mighty Car Mods?

·
Registered
205 Posts
it would be interesting to see how many of these cars are "repeats" now.

I tried posting some pics of my '04 yesterday... had some issues with my interwebs... eventually i'll get some pics up here haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, it's really too bad. I've been to Australia and New Zealand a few times and always drool over the cars. Skylines everywhere, and even sports cars that the US did have, Australia seems to have more of them still driving around, like RX-7s and Silvias.

BTW do you watch Mighty Car Mods?
Yea Australias car scene is alot better than here on the East coast. We are so close to Asia so we do get alot of cars the USA doesnt. Alot of Skylines, Supras, 200sx, Rx7 and 8, Evo and the new Renault Megane cup and clio cup cars (look these up) We have some big shows just on modified fast fours and rotaries

You can go to Subaru Aust and depending on money buy a full spec rally car. Alot of road rallies in Aust and alot of people do that

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

Yea Australias car scene is alot better than here on the East coast. We are so close to Asia so we do get alot of cars the USA doesnt. Alot of Skylines, Supras, 200sx, Rx7 and 8, Evo and the new Renault Megane cup and clio cup cars (look these up) We have some big shows just on modified fast fours and rotaries

You can go to Subaru Aust and depending on money buy a full spec rally car. Alot of road rallies in Aust and alot of people do that
Yeah, I'm originally from southern California where the car scene was MUCH better than the East coast. Of course, that also meant lots of ricers and large scale fast and furious style unsanctioned "events". :lol:

The biggest bummer is the strict import law and the fact that the government will literally crush your car if it's considered illegal. A few years ago, a handful of R34 GT-Rs made it into the country after a gruelling and costly import process only to face that nasty fate when they were deemed illegally imported. :(

I was under the impression that car modification laws are pretty strict in Australia, ie getting arrested for running a pod filter or a BOV? So, it's somewhat surprising to hear that you can buy a factory built rally car, but I assume it would not be street legal.

1581 - 1600 of 1625 Posts