IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Blue/Gold $29,200 in NY

I meant to post about this, but the other day I put in the Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust silencer (for fun) and wow... i could not believe the difference! It sounds identical (with my setup) as the genome exhaust (from what I heard on that one clip of it idling and revving). So now, you can have the raging sound that you want to rip someone's head off, or a sporty less agressive sound that sounds a lot like the genome exhaust! Still have a good feel of performance to it! Whenever I find my dang camera and DSL is installed, I will have those clips up for you.

Robert~

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Staticx,

On the car domain site, the pictures of your car contain a blocked out image of your license plate while others do not, leaving you vulnerable to Subaru identifying your vehicle, your mods, and your attitude and driving style. Just thought I would let you know in the event that this was not deliberate since some people do seek to remain anonymous for warranty reasons.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya I put in a new bolt :) Just take that stupid welded nut off and put in your own good 1/4" SS bolt and locking nut/washer. Works really well.

Thank you nivek.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
now that explains why people white out there license plates, i really never knew the reason behind that!

speaken of exhausts i cant wait to hear it rob, please post asap, im still in the confusion stage of what to guy for an exhasut!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The licence plate deal is such a joke IMO. If Subaru wants to tie your words here to your car...don't you think they can look you up in any number of public records and learn your VIN number. Let's not forget IP tracking on most forums like this....... Regardless of what you write here or any place else online, they would have to prove in a court of law that you did something to the car to negate the warranty.....and unless they can prove your words are indicitive of real actions, they have no case.

Last night I drove around town in 1st gear, bouncing off the rev limiter and fish-tailing the car on dry pavement with the DCCD set to LOCK.

Whoops...there goes my warranty. ;)

I'd still love to hear clips of your exhaust Robert! Sounds like a great system for both 'work' and 'play'.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Last night I drove around town in 1st gear, bouncing off the rev limiter and fish-tailing the car on dry pavement with the DCCD set to LOCK.
Was it fun Rob :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol , hey Rob, Im going to send those clips over tonight. I will try to get some of the silencer soon. Im going to order the XXtuning headers (basically the GTspec 2 mockup) and will be installing those as well. If the sound isnt much louder (with it silenced), I might go with a bigger pipe in the middle of the silencer. I know that sounds stupid (trying to make the silencer louder), but full catless from headerback will be much to loud.... and with the silencer bolted down and not rattling/leaking its very very quiet. So :) hehe we're just goin to play with it some.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
dam whatever floats your boat rob! ;-)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol... now you can see where my entreprenuer *i know i didnt spell that right* instinct came from... my dad went to sell some trucks *owns a GMC Semi dealership* and they had all sorts of printing presses and what nots. They also had 14 $5000 EACH cannon movie cameras (serious stuff) lol my dad bought ALL for $900 each. So that should be a good profit even if we sell them back at 1/2 price. How is that good? hehe :) yes, what you thinking is correct. I will probably use these movie cameras for a little while and shoot some great videos!!! I hope!! hehe :D

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
that sounds like alot of fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts