301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
A 17" STi? That'd be cool...

·
Registered
4 Posts
"My Steering Feels Like Pudding" - This, in my opinion, was the 2004-2007 STi's greatest failure. The steering has no solid neutral feel and is almost messy sometimes. Thankfully, there's an easy fix for this. They're called steering bushings and will run you $30. They may take you up to an hour to install, but it's more than worth it. It's a cheap mod for your car that will produce some great results.
in the "guide to your new sti" thread you mention steering bushings for $30 that fix the muddy steering. I want better steering but not track car extreme steering. Mine is a daily driver street driven car. So which ones are you talking about? Whiteline ones are $70, at Turn in Concepts, a trusted subaru tuner. But if there are decent $30 ones thats improve the feel a good amount and are good for a DD without being too extreme besides whiteline, then I would like those.

so which steerting bushings were you referring to exactly?

which steering bushings should I get?
(whiteline, subaru oem, group n, other)

thanks!

ps: is this an easy install? Do you need to grease them or anything?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Whiteline steering bushings have been on my steering rack for over 7 years. Have held up nicley too as I removed the rack for other reasons and the bushings were in great shape. So they last, if they still make them the same.

Easy install, and always use grease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
But what steering rack bushings was mr. giggles referring to? I Pm'ed him. The Whiteline ones are $70, he mentioned ones for $30. which ones are those? and are the whitelines worth the extra price over whatever he mentioned.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do steering each bushings really make that much of a difference? I switched out both my shifter bushings and they made a huuuuge difference. Much better than the stock ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
are the steering rack bushings going to make a significant change? I cant really afford and anti-lift kit.

I wonder what the parts + labor would be on shifter bushings. Or if a linkage update would be in order.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
it takes about 30-45min for the shifter bushings. zip that crossmember out the way and you got all the room you need.

I got my front and rear bushings for around 30bucks total.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi new owner of a 2010 Impreza STI. I am having an issue getting the VDC/traction control to turn off. It goes through its checks when the vehicle is powered up and checks out fine. I then press the button momentarily to get the yellow traction light to come on and nothing happens. It had been working fine until all of a sudden the button made no changes when pressed. I've tried searching for a reset of the system and have found nothing. At this point I have pressed the button,held in the button repressed etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hi new owner of a 2010 Impreza STI. I am having an issue getting the VDC/traction control to turn off. It goes through its checks when the vehicle is powered up and checks out fine. I then press the button momentarily to get the yellow traction light to come on and nothing happens. It had been working fine until all of a sudden the button made no changes when pressed. I've tried searching for a reset of the system and have found nothing. At this point I have pressed the button,held in the button repressed etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.
2010 sti one button press is full off, long button hold is traction control off only. Starting 2011 Subaru reversed this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all, congratulations that you are now a Subie owner. Yes, you have to call your new Subaru WRX/STI a Subie, as that’s what they are called by long-time fans. The Subaru culture is as close to a cult as you can get, and you now need to know what it takes to be an indoctrinated “fan” (fanatic) of the brand. All Subarus, and especially the Subaru WRX/STI is not an ordinary automobile. You are now officially a part of a culture that loves their performance cars.

301 - 314 of 314 Posts