IW STi Forum banner

281 - 300 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick question, I have a 2014 sti with 1100 miles sometimes when Ideling the rpms jump down to about 400 300 range the car sounds like it's about to turn off and then the rpms jump back up to 1000 and then back to normal why is it happening
im not entirely sure, mine does this too, but from what I've read, it's a fuel line issue. Doing a fuel line mod will help. Again, not entirely sure which is why I haven't committed to doing the mod.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The fuel line mod is to help with the stumble felt between 2.5-3k rpm. Usually only with ots tunes or larger than stock injectors. Its probably just your air conditioning kicking on. Keep in mind your air comes on when you have the heat set to windshield defrost

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
The stock system does not activate the IC sprayer automatically. You have to press the button, and then it will spray for 30 seconds. I installed a pressure switch that activates the sprayer when a certain boost pressure is achieved, and I highly recommend doing that. It used to be years before I had to refill the water tank, and now I refill it about every two months. I LOVE it!!!!

Here is the 'How-To" thread if you'd like to do it:
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/39827-automatic-intercooler-sprayer-boost-referenced.html

In stock form, when you press the button, it only sprays for 3-5 seconds.

I have considered putting mine on a boost pressure switch. I think I may have one of those laying around from back when I rean water/meth injection on my SHO. Did you set it up to retain the functionality of the button?

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts

I have considered putting mine on a boost pressure switch. I think I may have one of those laying around from back when I rean water/meth injection on my SHO. Did you set it up to retain the functionality of the button?
Yes I did. When I press the Auto switch in it will continuously spray until the tank is empty.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Post removed (was supposed to be a PM!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome thread. Just bought my first STI and I absolutely love it. (A white 08 hatchback) I am a converted 4g63 owner and I couldn't be happier with it. Thanks for the basics thread I look forward to many years with my STI. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coming from a brand new Subaru owner 14 STI....this was very informative and no doubt saved me allot of potential headaches! Thanks bro! Played it safe so far....only mod I've done is Hella Horns, homemade harness and support bracket from Subimods! I know...it's lame but fun doing it myself!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why won't my average fuel economy show up? Tried several times holding the plus sign. Flashes with all 3 indicators then it never shows up?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Why won't my average fuel economy show up? Tried several times holding the plus sign. Flashes with all 3 indicators then it never shows up?
What year STi?

For the GR years (2008-2014), you have to set the button on the odometer reading screen to switch over to a trip mileage display. Look up at the clock pod: you should see that now reading Avg. MPG.

Hold the odo button down; after a few seconds you should see the Avg. MPG zero out (shows -----) for a few seconds as it gets a reading of your current usage, and then it will start showing the average.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What year STi?

For the GR years (2008-2014), you have to set the button on the odometer reading screen to switch over to a trip mileage display. Look up at the clock pod: you should see that now reading Avg. MPG.

Hold the odo button down; after a few seconds you should see the Avg. MPG zero out (shows -----) for a few seconds as it gets a reading of your current usage, and then it will start showing the average.
It's a 2012. I'll go out and play with it for awhile only had it a week

·
Registered
13 Posts
[*]Don't get a BOV without knowing what they really do and how they can actually affect your performance. Your stock BPV is good up to ~20psi, depending on other factors. However, if you're hell-bent on getting a BOV for that air gun noise, get a 3-bar or greater MAP sensor and have your car set up for MAP use. It'll keep you from running richer than usual between shifts and it's an overall better air measurement system. Blow-through MAF is another alternative for using BOV's.
[/B]
Any suggestions for a nice MAP sensor?
How to set up my car for MAP use?

Thank you

281 - 300 of 314 Posts