·
Registered
15 Posts
You won't need one.

#1. Remove wheels
#2. Remove large axle nut from axle
#3. Remove caliper and rotor
#4. Hit the studs with a large hammer to pop them out the back side
#5. 4 bolts behind the hub that hold it to the upright, loosen those at least 50% (this will give you room to insert the longer studs.
#6. insert new longer studs through the back. Seat gently.
#7, Use a greased washer pack and an old open ended lug nut on the stud. Tighten this down gradually to pull the new stud into the hub.
#8. install wheel, torque to 85 ft/lbs. Drive a mile, torque again to 90ft/lbs. Remove lugs. Torque to 85 ft/lbs.
#9 done.

Have you done this? Is this the right procedure?

·
Registered
564 Posts
So i just bought myself a set of NT03 18x9.5 for my GR.

I'm trying to locate a thread on how to install the APR extended lugs so i can run these with a 10mm spacer.

any help would be appreciated to pointing me in the right direction.
The install was cake. The fronts were very easy and the backs weren't bad either. Removing the hub is the easiest way to do it. PLEASE be careful taking out the stock studs as you can damage an ABS/speed sensor (ask me how i know). If you want further direction on this just PM me. I will walk you through it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anything i need to know about before taking the hubs out? Pros cons? Is there abs in the front or that only in the back? From what i know its only in the back. Correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to bring this post up from the dead. It seems that I can run a 18x9.5 +40 with spacers in the front with a 265/35/18 tire. I already have my fenders rolled, will this work on stock suspension?

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
How is the fitment on a 17x9.5+38?
They clear brembos no problem. I have a set for my race tires. They are convex which people tend not to like.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
I run 275/35/17 Hoosier A6s on mine, but i have a GD.

If you need help with the right tire size for the GR i can help there too, lots of GR experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bump from the dead!

I have a set of 18x9.5 +40 NT03s with 265/35 Continentals from my '15 WRX that I'd like to fit on my '13 STI. I know I'll need 10mm spacers up front, rolled rear fenders, and I'm planning on swapping in a 2015+ OEM strut/spring, so I'll be about 1" lower than stock.

Does anyone have any idea how much camber would be needed up front to make sure the 265s don't rub while being lowered 1"? I'm hoping to not have to run more than -2.5° as this is my daily.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bump from the dead!

I have a set of 18x9.5 +40 NT03s with 265/35 Continentals from my '15 WRX that I'd like to fit on my '13 STI. I know I'll need 10mm spacers up front, rolled rear fenders, and I'm planning on swapping in a 2015+ OEM strut/spring, so I'll be about 1" lower than stock.

Does anyone have any idea how much camber would be needed up front to make sure the 265s don't rub while being lowered 1"? I'm hoping to not have to run more than -2.5° as this is my daily.

Depends on how low it actually is. I think I had had to run -4 degrees of camper up front with about a 1 or 2 finger gap. After pulling the front fenders I was able to go to about -2.2 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depends on how low it actually is. I think I had had to run -4 degrees of camper up front with about a 1 or 2 finger gap. After pulling the front fenders I was able to go to about -2.2 degrees.

Hmm, -4 degrees would probably be more than I'd be comfortable with for daily use just due to camber wear on the tires. Appreciate the reply, I figured it would be a long shot asking here since the thread was long dead, but I hoped someone would have an idea!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmm, -4 degrees would probably be more than I'd be comfortable with for daily use just due to camber wear on the tires. Appreciate the reply, I figured it would be a long shot asking here since the thread was long dead, but I hoped someone would have an idea!

Yeah, it can be quite a bit actually. If your toe is in check then you shouldn’t see too much camber wear, at least that quickly. A slight roll/pull and you can get away with less. With a 245 tire you can go to about -2 to -2.5 degrees.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ideally I'd like to stick with a 265 on a 9.5" wide wheel, but I wouldn't mind stepping down to a 255 maybe! 245 might be a bit stretched, so I think a roll in the front might be the way to go to run minimal camber with a 265/255.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ideally I'd like to stick with a 265 on a 9.5" wide wheel, but I wouldn't mind stepping down to a 255 maybe! 245 might be a bit stretched, so I think a roll in the front might be the way to go to run minimal camber with a 265/255.

Good idea. 265 look so meaty.

I think this was -2.3 front and -2 rear

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ugh, that looks so good. That settles it, unless I run into anything serious, I'll be fitting mine soon. Pic of my '15 with the NT03s!

121 - 139 of 139 Posts