IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know we all love the Enkei NTo3 wheel!! I know they have a thread like this for the GC's so I wanted to start one for the GR's.

I love this wheel and plan on purchasing them soon. The one thing that i've found as well as many others is that the offsett for this wheel and our car isnt the perfect match.

I plan on going 18x9.5 +27 and I know i will have some work to do to make them fit.

If you have experience with this wheels on a GR please list
Fenders: what you did
Tires: what size you are running
Camber: Settings F&R
Suspension: Springs/coilovers - Brand
Rubbing: Any

I see a lot of pics on google images but never any detail on how they fit or what tire they are running so I figure this would be a good place to air out any inconsistancies on our car and fitment on these wheels.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Fenders: roll rears flat, you can pull it a bit
Size: 18x9.5 +27
Tires: 265/35/18
Camber: F -2.5*, R -2*
Rubbing: No rubbing

I also shaved the edge of my rear bumper, that is where my tires used to rub. If you want less work to make it fit, use 255 tires or less.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I also shaved the edge of my rear bumper, that is where my tires used to rub. If you want less work to make it fit, use 255 tires or less.
Thanks for the info. Its nice to know you can get 255 on there without rubbing. I was under the impression you could only get 245/35 to work

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
defylogic what are your specs?

Fenders: what you did
Tires: what size you are running
Camber: Settings F&R
Suspension: Springs/coilovers - Brand
Rubbing: Any

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Your car (I love it!!)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
OH YA! I no longer have the wheels and tires, but--

Fenders: Rolled flat and pulled in rear.
Tires: 274/35/18
Camber: -3F / -2.25R
Suspension: At time - BC GR w/ OTS rates 1" drop
Rubbing: Yes - rub to inner front fender (forward) when turning wheel. Rub in rear over large bumps at highway speeds.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OH YA! I no longer have the wheels and tires, but--

Fenders: Rolled flat and pulled in rear.
Tires: 274/35/18
Camber: -3F / -2.25R
Suspension: At time - BC GR w/ OTS rates 1" drop
Rubbing: Yes - rub to inner front fender (forward) when turning wheel. Rub in rear over large bumps at highway speeds.
Wow 275's!!

Fitting 265's on the +40 is making me rethink +27

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you found running with that much camber on the 275 that the wear has been uneven?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I am currently running TE37s with an offset of 40 18X9.5. Withe lcon 6 pistion kit for stopping in front. I aslo have a set of enkei NT03+M18.8.5 fore winter tires and iWill these kit with out having to spacer it? Just currious.:confused:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Have you found running with that much camber on the 275 that the wear has been uneven?
Not sure. I bought the set used, so they were already starting to camber wear. Add to that craptastic Azenis tires, and yes, there was some pretty excessive camber wear on them.

It was an 'OK' setup for drivability. Definitely handled better in a turn than in a straight line. The +10 offset in the front vs the rear made for some interesting street characteristics. Didn't really matter though, it was really just for fun. I wasn't driving on the track with those wheels/tires.

Just on Azenis - they may be ok tires for drifters, but they really suck for anything else. I've used 3 sets of them, and they are probably the worst tire i have ever seen. My 2 groove r-comps have more grip in the rain.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After reading the post and doing more research it sounds the way to go is +40 with 265/35/18 and run the 10mm spacer up front and minimal camber all around

1 - 20 of 139 Posts