IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does anybody know if the new STI's are coming with a governor?? cause i wanna haul ass pass 90!

·
Registered
526 Posts
That would be funny if it was at 90. Sure you could beat that Civic off the line, but he'll pass ya on the freeway :p

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The only reason any car has to have a fuel cut below the actual top speed would be for legal reason, most having to do with the rating of tire that comes on the car from the factory. My Z24...limited to 105 until someone figured out how to splice the transmission signal to the ECU..went right past it.

With the insane tires coming on the STi....there won't be such an issue unless SOA gets all anal on us. But have no fear....there is ALWAYS a way around it should it happen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
actually i think most instances in which top speed is electronically limited are due to regulations in the manufacturer's home country. for instance, when you look at german cars, a lot of them are limited to 128mph, 137mph, or 155mph depending on which class the car falls in.
i seem to recall seeing somewhere that the top speed on the STi was ~155mph and it was redline limited? correct me if i'm wrong here...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey there. As far as I've seen Subaru was saying that the STi will top out at around 159.

Jason Murley
Lujack Subaru
Iowa/Illinois
800-373-1160 X-236

·
Registered
91 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
If it's country regulated, why is it a Cavalier is limited to 105 and a Celica can go as fast and it can get going down hill?
i've never heard of any regulations here in the united states. i've heard of such things in europe, but i've never seen anything official.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Well it depends here in Europe. They used to never limit cars at all. In the US the limit is 135 for most BMWs, and 155 for the 540i. I dunno about the rest of cars, and I don't think there is a nation limit, just a manufacturer limit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For what its worth, the SVX was rated at a top end of 135 (if I remember correctly). However, of the 4 I owned, I brought two of them above 150, with my first one topping out at 156!!!

95 S, near South of the Border...about a 10 mile stretch with swamp on both sides so all guardrailes and no chance for sneaky traps. Had in tow a Ferrari v-8 convertible (the one with the front engine), a mustang 5.0 and camaro z-28. I believe it was around 1995. Left the ford and chevy waaaay behind, and the two guys in the ferrari were getting beat up by the wind (had the top down...ha!!), so I even left him. Next exit, they all pulled off behind me to figure out what that odd looking car was that just smoked 'em!

oh...I love my subarus!!
Cheers,
Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts