IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my STi for almost 3 months without having a single dent or scratch, as I have gone to great lengths parking away from other cars.

I was driving on a sunny Florida Freeway today, a beer can (full & unopened) bounced off the car in front, then flew towards me and smacked the Subie big time on the fender. A big dent and scratches! Aouch! Dang careless people!

Another freek accident happened earlier in the morning at the do-it -yourself car wash. As I inserted the quarters and pressed start, the pressure hose with the long metal snout, took off from the wall bracket like a missile, hovered in the air and BAM on the rear fender!! Another Aouch and another deep scratch and 2 dents.

a visit to the body shop is definately in order and I thought I was lucky going so long without any dents!!!

Enjoy the game! :cry:

·
Registered
97 Posts
:lol: Dude I feel for you, but I would have loved to see the carwash thing. I bet it was priceless. No matter what car anyone owns, if they really love it and really care about it a lot we always go to those great lenghths to keep it safe from harm, especially in parking lots. (Ever see that commercial for a VW where the guy tackles the shoping cart before it hits his door.) Anyway, bottom line is, the more you try the more things will tend to happen. After a while you just have to realize that no matter what you do, shit will always happen.

Good luck with getting her fixed, just don't feel so bad. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
yeah, it always happens just when you think you're pretty good at avoiding it... right after I turned 17, i though "now my risk of having an accident is much lower" and bam! Had 3 accidents in the next 9 months.

Once I was letting my friend drive my accord and we were following a truck when all of a sudden his bed-liner flew out and was headed right for us. my friend swerved out of the way, but it was pretty crazy...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
SAMMYBOY said:
I have had my STi for almost 3 months without having a single dent or scratch, as I have gone to great lengths parking away from other cars.
my car got the third day i had it :evil: ONLY IN AMERICA!

·
Registered
22 Posts
hehe. When I picked my car up it was pretty dusty, but I was in a rush so didnt have them wash it (they had me bring it back in a couple days later to do it when I had time), but that night within 30 minutes of getting the car, I washed it and found a dent.......thankfully they are taking care of it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The REX is already in the shop and I will be without it for a few days. But seriously, I am so glad that the flying beer did not go through the wind shield and hit the passenger, who incidently was my Mom. At the end of the day, cars can be repaired and it is only money!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i feel for ya man, its ok it happens to the best of us....my moms friends were over and they backed up into my sti, so now i have a reddish scuff mark on my rear bumper! I hate [email protected]@!!!!!

oh by the way nice aviator!=)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts