IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure, if this has been posted before, but below is a blur from the EVO magazine:

"Fastest Impreza Wings In"

"The fastest Impreza ever developed is set to blast from rally stage to the road later this year, according to Subaru sources in Japan. Company bosses are talking about bringing a limited-edition production version of the Impreza World Rally Car to Japanese showrooms by December. It's known as the WRCar road-going project, and the body will be prepared by Subaru's Isesaki studio.

While Isesaki's work is understood to be of the highest quality, the firm has only recently switched operations from manufacturing buses to concentrate on designing special interest, low-volume production models. As strange as this might seem, Isesaki has a long association with tuned Subarus.

Most memorably, the company was responsible for the outrageous-looking red-and-black chopped-top Impreza, which was unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Salon in January. Lowered by 100mm, the car demonstrated the firm's skills in making complex structural modifications, and its engine tuning expertise. However, according to our insider, the WRCar project will be a more straightforward affair"

Source: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?domain=evo&page=http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/evo_news_story.php?id=37354

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Spend some time with an educational web site........

It looks pretty much like the WRC car, except for the wing. I think I like it though....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
leak

Actually, I think, the wing looks excalty like the WRC wing

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's because it's just a photoshopped WRC car. Look at the passenger side front window. The roll cage is visible!

If the story is true, it might be because FHI got hometown complaints about sending the best '04 Subaru only to the U.S. market. :)

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
this will be ther 3rd hot impreza, first was of course the loved 22B STi(2.2Ltr, 206kw(276hp) (cough cough) and the S202 with a 2.0 235kw(315hp) some still cough at that figure to for that car) both these cars were a limited run of 400, so will this new one be 400 aswell?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agent Chobos said:
Did Auto Express actually publish those pics? That's really bad photochopping. I can't believe a magazine could be that obvious.
No sure if they published it in their hard copy edition, but it is published on their website.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The s203 is under development and should be well over 300hp...

·
Registered
105 Posts
i went to some japanese websites and some of my friends in japan told me that this is actually what the car is going to be like. it's going to be a limited edition car and its actually going to be like the interior of the rally car (hence the roll-cage) like auto express said, its due by december this year. it think its pretty cool. are these cars street legal??

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
S203 is what it is to be called officially? 22B and S202 were street legal, but then again only sold in Japan, ppl have registered 22B's in UK and Australia that i know of have to be complianced of course... dont know of any S202's been imported to a country yet thou. i would persume this one would be legal in japan at least.

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?"

Pardon my ignorance, but why would Subaru make a "limited-edition production version of the Impreza World Rally Car" and give it MORE hp than the real thing? Yes folks, the WRC car has 300hp ... just like our STis.

And, apparently, according the Auto Express images, only the passenger gets a roll cage. Umm...

Isn't ripping off pics from Subaru, photoshopping them (poorly), and then posting them as the real deal, slightly illegal? Auto Express might want to reconsider their journalistic practices.

I wouldn't believe anything I hear or read unless it came straight from Subaru.

Attachments

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
gosh darnit... i scraped the bottom of the front bumpers...

wrc car 300hp yeah, but it dont have 300lbs/ft torque, these things have monster torque!

·
Registered
251 Posts
The WRC car does the 1/4 in the 12s or mid 11s (can't remember -- C&D tested it once). Try that with your 300hp. 8)

I don't know about Japanese regulations, but there no way we'd get a car with a roll cage in the US. Your head bouncing off steel bars = lawsuit city. Cages should only be used with helmets. Not that people don't ignore that...

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
monster torque explains the mid 11's-12 sec passes. :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
rookie question: how do you make big torque; i.e. how would you change our engine to make that kinda torque? change the bore&stroke? those car are "only" 2.0l. amazing machines.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah. They go no-holds on the WRC. They build the STi for us to hold up to the warranty and to mass-produce. They only make 40 or so per year of the WRC cars. Not concerned about how much CRAZY hp/tq #'s.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Blue w/Gold WRX STI Available in Grand Rapids, MI

Well, they do it with an engine that can last (barely) one race and doesn't need to meet the emissions or noise regulations that we have to meet. Although, fun enough, the WRC cars are actually registered for road use in Europe (they drive on normal roads in between stages).

Several million dollars in R&D does wonders for your torque output.

·
Registered
146 Posts
esopher said:
Pardon my ignorance, but why would Subaru make a "limited-edition production version of the Impreza World Rally Car" and give it MORE hp than the real thing?
You do know that the reason the WRC engine is limited to 300 HP is that there are regulations? There is an air restrictor that limits the volume or air to the engine. If they were unrestriced you would see in excess of 500 HP. Go back to about 83 or so with the Group B cars to see what happens without restriction.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
has anyone got a pic of the wrc engine? i have one somewhere, it actually shows the restrictor cup mounted on top of the turbo. i will post it if i find it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts