IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Vendor
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Hey Josh! So after 600 miles the Touring settled in and now sounds amazing. I also went to a Subaru gtg last weekend and a couple of guys were very curious about the sound the KillerB makes with this exhaust. Thumbs up all around.
Fantastic! Let's hear a progress video of it on the move! :cool:

·
Registered
9,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I was happy to see "No Initial Smoke" with my track edition exhaust. My other aftermarket exhaust smoked for a 100 miles or so. Pretty embarrassing on a brand new car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't posted here much, but I'm so happy with the AWE touring on my '17 STI I figured I should to share. It sounds incredible and the fit/finish was perfect.

I thought the AWE marketing video probably exaggerated the sound a bit but it really sounds damn near exactly how it does in the video. Actually even a little deeper/better.

I haven't heard a lot of other STI exhausts to compare to but the touring is definitely louder than the factory (non SPT) exhaust and plenty loud enough for me (enough to rattle the dishes in the kitchen on a cold start). In the cabin, you can hear it on the highway but it doesn't drone at all at any speed that I can tell.

My biggest problem is that now I'm looking for even more excuses to drive the car somewhere. It is hard for me to wrap my brain around how a 4 cylinder can sound like this:)

If you are on the fence but like the sound in their video, you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
it still has too much low freqiencies that get through. Not as bad as the SPT, but pretty bad. That's why I prefer the Corsa as it's loud, but all in the mids to low mids, anot super deep.

·
Vendor
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
it still has too much low freqiencies that get through. Not as bad as the SPT, but pretty bad. That's why I prefer the Corsa as it's loud, but all in the mids to low mids, anot super deep.
Don't mistake exhaust tone as drone.

·
Vendor
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I haven't posted here much, but I'm so happy with the AWE touring on my '17 STI I figured I should to share. It sounds incredible and the fit/finish was perfect.

I thought the AWE marketing video probably exaggerated the sound a bit but it really sounds damn near exactly how it does in the video. Actually even a little deeper/better.

I haven't heard a lot of other STI exhausts to compare to but the touring is definitely louder than the factory (non SPT) exhaust and plenty loud enough for me (enough to rattle the dishes in the kitchen on a cold start). In the cabin, you can hear it on the highway but it doesn't drone at all at any speed that I can tell.

My biggest problem is that now I'm looking for even more excuses to drive the car somewhere. It is hard for me to wrap my brain around how a 4 cylinder can sound like this:)

If you are on the fence but like the sound in their video, you won't be disappointed!
Happy you're pleased, DF! Post a video when you can :)

·
Registered
538 Posts

I had Q300 before and AWE doesn’t have a low frequency bassy sound. AWE is also more comfortable on the highway than the Q especially going uphill.

Cobb SF & DP, Kb ELH
AWE 1 - Google Drive

AWE 2 - Google Drive

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I certainly don't have a professional ear for distinguishing what bothers my ear (lows vs mids, etc). All I know is that I *love* the sound of the AWE (Touring) when I'm driving. It's got a great sound under hard acceleration. But on the freeway section of my commute, it's not intrusive at all. I can easily listen to the stereo. I love the pops and crackling on downshifts.

-Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
I disagree about the AWE tone but it is great that there are so many options out there so you can find exactly what you like. I couldn't be happier.

I'll try to grab some audio this week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got a pretty good deal on a touring, should be here Thursday. If I get some free time this weekend I'll throw it on and see if I can get some clips of it. Best camera I got is my pixel 2 so I don't know how they will turn out. But I'll keep you all posted.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I disagree about the AWE tone but it is great that there are so many options out there so you can find exactly what you like. I couldn't be happier.

I'll try to grab some audio this week.
I think that's the toughest part with choosing an exhaust. What sounds good to one person might not sound good to another. It's all subjective. You really need to listen with your own ear to know what you're going to like and dislike.

-Craig

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got my touring edition Installed this weekend.

Admittedly this is my first Subaru so my first experience with the exhaust tones this car produces. But I would say that it is a good exhaust for anyone that wants some more sound without angering the neighbors. If you love the word loud, I probably wouldn't recommend. But tone is good. To me it is a little quieter than the awe promo video but I expected that. I would echo the thoughts of others the exhaust is civil while cruising under around 3k. Once you open the throttle it starts sounding good, but definitely not obnoxious. No drone at highway speeds in 6th.

For me it is close to perfect, I leave for work at 2:30 a.m. and have to drive through a small town with bored cops that don't need another reason to follow me through town every morning.

Also sorry no video clips the phone audio was terrible.

Just wanted to give my opinion on the exhaust since not many people have it. I enjoy it, install was easy. I try to come back and give a long term review after I have had it a few months.

·
Vendor
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Got my touring edition Installed this weekend.

Admittedly this is my first Subaru so my first experience with the exhaust tones this car produces. But I would say that it is a good exhaust for anyone that wants some more sound without angering the neighbors. If you love the word loud, I probably wouldn't recommend. But tone is good. To me it is a little quieter than the awe promo video but I expected that. I would echo the thoughts of others the exhaust is civil while cruising under around 3k. Once you open the throttle it starts sounding good, but definitely not obnoxious. No drone at highway speeds in 6th.

For me it is close to perfect, I leave for work at 2:30 a.m. and have to drive through a small town with bored cops that don't need another reason to follow me through town every morning.

Also sorry no video clips the phone audio was terrible.

Just wanted to give my opinion on the exhaust since not many people have it. I enjoy it, install was easy. I try to come back and give a long term review after I have had it a few months.

Happy you're happy! :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have read all through this thread and did not find an answer... Looking for comparison between the AWE Touring cat-back and the COBB cat-back. Interested in first hand feedback about fit/finish and sound/tone/loudness/drone differences between the two.

·
Vendor
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I have read all through this thread and did not find an answer... Looking for comparison between the AWE Touring cat-back and the COBB cat-back. Interested in first hand feedback about fit/finish and sound/tone/loudness/drone differences between the two.
Can't comment on sound differences as I haven't experienced their in person, though I am confident the fit, finish, and drone control will be superior :)

81 - 100 of 133 Posts