IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Vendor
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I know it’s typically pretty expensive to manufacture, but I wish we had more Switchpath—esque options. Cold starts will make you and whichever disgruntled neighbor nemeses rather quickly.
We considered it, actually. But ended up shelving the project after market evaluation.

Yea but as long as you’re not giving it hell its the same as a Harley or anything else, have a few guys in my nieghborhood that you can actually tell they are being courteous when leaving their garage.

I am hoping the GR’s will be looked at, I would like more options when I finally decide to upgrade, I really like the black tip option!!!!:)
We shall see. I myself love the GRs.

@Josh/AWE Do we need any sort of adapters to pair the exhaust up to 3 inch aftermarket downpipes?
As long as the aftermarket DP you're considering mates to the factory cat-back, our cat-back will mate up to said DP.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I just installed the track edition on my Type RA today. The quality is outstanding! The packaging was awesome! The sound is amazing! I did a little cold start video for people to listen to if they are thinking about this exhaust. Video is shaking at the end, sorry. That's why i do very little on YouTube:lol: I don't think video sound does it justice? I'll take her out for a spin this evening.

AWE Track Edition. STI Type RA. - YouTube

·
Registered
446 Posts

Attachments

·
Vendor
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I just installed the track edition on my Type RA today. The quality is outstanding! The packaging was awesome! The sound is amazing! I did a little cold start video for people to listen to if they are thinking about this exhaust. Video is shaking at the end, sorry. That's why i do very little on YouTube:lol: I don't think video sound does it justice? I'll take her out for a spin this evening.

AWE Track Edition. STI Type RA. - YouTube

Lovin' life, gentlemen?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Lovin' life, gentlemen?
Yes sir! Drove a few miles last night. I think it sounds great! If you drive at a lower rpm the volume of the exhaust is low. Driving in and out of the neighborhood is not an issue. But, when you want to get on it, you know you have a STI! I think it sounds perfect with a stock DP. I'm so happy to have the diamond black tips! Stoked you guys gave us that option!

·
Registered
446 Posts
It’s loud but tone has a higher pitch and some would probably say it sounds a little more exotic. Definitely no boomy bass between 2600-2900 rpms. On the highway dB is around 76 at 70mph vs 75 for the Q300. But around town accelerating it is louder. But as mentioned I have mods.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ya definitely sounds different than anything I’ve heard on the market. Snag some drive bys for us, you’re the most realistic sound. Most of us have full bolt ons, so your volume is much more realistic.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ya definitely sounds different than anything I’ve heard on the market. Snag some drive bys for us, you’re the most realistic sound. Most of us have full bolt ons, so your volume is much more realistic.
That's going to be a tough ask. What's your setup now? From a good ear that's heard pretty much everything I'm told this exhaust sounds closer to Corsa without the drone.

·
Vendor
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yes sir! Drove a few miles last night. I think it sounds great! If you drive at a lower rpm the volume of the exhaust is low. Driving in and out of the neighborhood is not an issue. But, when you want to get on it, you know you have a STI! I think it sounds perfect with a stock DP. I'm so happy to have the diamond black tips! Stoked you guys gave us that option!
:tup::cool::tup:

Diamond black is a very popular choice, for good reason.

Happy you're happy!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Are you guys at AWE planning any other modifications for the sti? exterior, engine or otherwise? Had a B7 A4 back in the day. Whole bunch of stuff done to it. AWEsome company! Love when new companies get on board and bring something new to the table.

·
Vendor
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Are you guys at AWE planning any other modifications for the sti? exterior, engine or otherwise? Had a B7 A4 back in the day. Whole bunch of stuff done to it. AWEsome company! Love when new companies get on board and bring something new to the table.
We're analyzing the market to see what moves to make next. I sure would love to bring an AirGate™ Carbon Intake and ColdFront™ Intercooler for you all... but we shall see.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey Josh! So after 600 miles the Touring settled in and now sounds amazing. I also went to a Subaru gtg last weekend and a couple of guys were very curious about the sound the KillerB makes with this exhaust. Thumbs up all around.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts