IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Vendor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: The boxer knockout. Coming soon.

I read the title, then the first line and saw sparks on the video thumbnail and I was very confused but intrigued... drone killing?! knockout?! is this some robot sci-fi shooting explosion action movie?! then I finished reading and realizing it's just exhaust. Slightly disappointed. Still good to see a big name come in to make parts for Subaru though!
You're welcome to come to our facility and meet our robot to fulfill your sci-fi desires, if you wish. Her name is ABBi and she doesn't mess around.

Haha yea the video was a head scratcher. The hype is strong in this thread, hopefully the product delivers! :tup:
A peek behind the scenes of the daily life here, along with a taste of tones :cool:

·
Vendor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

I see 2015+? Anything for older years coming?? And have you decided on price yet?
Only '15+ at this time.

'11-'14 sedans are being evaluated, but nothing beyond that.

·
Registered
572 Posts

While you’re in the development stage, will you guys be offering different tip options? Neochrome tips look amazing on these cars!

·
Vendor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

While you’re in the development stage, will you guys be offering different tip options? Neochrome tips look amazing on these cars!
We're wrapped and ready to roll. The catalog will be live really soon. Diamond black and chrome silver will be the available tip finishes.

Sorry, my friend. Do stick around, though.

This is good news. Had a AWE downpipe back in 2011. I’m about to take off my Q300 after 12k miles.
Welcome, and thank you for your support in the past. What are your plans after removal?

·
Registered
532 Posts

I was going to put the stock catback on but your Touring exhaust announcement got my attention. I live about 100 miles north of AWE. Looking forward to hearing the tone and hopefully an interior dB reading to measure volume.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Please make sure the cat back weighs less than the stock unit. Far too many exhausts out there that are heavier than the stock unit.

·
Registered
350 Posts

Please make sure the cat back weighs less than the stock unit. Far too many exhausts out there that are heavier than the stock unit.
The main reason I am currently running the Tomei Expreme Ti. Light is an understatement compared to stock!

·
Vendor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

I was going to put the stock catback on but your Touring exhaust announcement got my attention. I live about 100 miles north of AWE. Looking forward to hearing the tone and hopefully an interior dB reading to measure volume.
Tone will certainly be provided, dB... not so much. They are essentially irraccurate in the grand scheme of things. E.g. a vehicle will not read the same at two seperate, different track recording stations.

·
Vendor
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Unfortunately I plan to make the move to ELH soon and I have the SPT right now, so waiting will not be an option :lol: Still eager to see the progress whether the hatch gets included or not. For what it's worth, I still see lots of relatively low-mileage hatches for sale, but I still recognize almost any older generation is a dying market to some degree.

Either way, I hope to continue to see "more refined" products coming out for the STI. There's so many exhaust options available and almost all of them are too boisterous for my tastes. The SPT is irritating enough, I'm certainly not paying more money to piss people off in a larger radius.

21 - 40 of 124 Posts