IW STi Forum banner

The Blue Bomber (13' WRX Limited)

GR Hatch: 
4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  STI Bomber 
#1 · (Edited)
So a little a little backround first. I got into the Subaru family in 07' when I sold my 03' RSX and purchased an 04' STi. Loved every minute of that car. Didn't have to much done to it. TurboXS turbo back catless exhaust, K&N Typhoon Intake, Exedy stage 1 clutch and flywheel, Perrin strut tower brace, and an open source tune with your launch control and hitting 20psi. 2010 came around and I hit a standing puddle of water which contained a collapsed sewer drain and it grabbed my FR tire and just spun me around and my rear wheels went up and over an 8" median and I slid sideways for about 30 yards. Both rear rims were bent at a 45* angle among other things. All together it was $10k in repairs. After numerous alignments and more parts going into it every few weeks the body shop said she was good to go. The next 2 years I had nothing but alignment issues every 6 months. I got it paid off in July 2012 held on to it for a couple more months when I decided to go for the 13' WRX. The dealer wanted to give me $5k, CarMax $6k, and I sold it on Craigslist in 5 days for $11k with 115k miles and multiple issues other than the accident. The kid knew everything that was wrong with it and took it off my hands. Went in the following day 9/24 and put that all down on the WRX and then the 15 week wait time started.

During the wait I purchased a small grocery list of items. Didn't go too overboard though.
-Cobb Knob which I had the dealer toss on before I even left the lot
-Kartboy Short Throw with front and rear bushings (Haven't installed yet)
-Smoked tail light overlays
-Front and rear badge overlays
-Fog light overlays
-Set of used (1 season) winter rims and tires
-Thule Aero Blade roof rack and snowboard attachment
-VLED 5k LED fog light bulbs
-Rain Deflectors
-Weather Tech Floormats
-Gorilla Offroad Company Mudflaps
-Interior and license plate LED bulbs
-Hella horn's w/ Bracket and Wiring Harness

Also got some blaze orange plasti dips cause I was going to do my extra set of 04 BBS rims from my STi in that color for the winter but I came across my current winter rim set up and I thought those looked better in the black that they already were. I think they are too bold to go orange.

Going to black plasti dip the side bumper brake vents and the side wrx chrome badge real soon too.

Deliver day!

Window tint and Rain Deflectors

Winter tires/rims, Debadge, and Blue overlay emblems

5k Fog LED's and Thule Roof rack w/snowboard attachment
Difference in fogs

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Only reason was the $10k price difference. This being $31k with my 11 down I only got my loan for 20 and that put my payments at $350 a month. If i could afford the STi I'd get it hands down. Coming from the 04 STi. I miss the 6 speed and the DCCD controls. I don't know anything about the newer STi's as far as exact differences but I thoroughly enjoy the WRX Limited.

#10 · (Edited)
Got my Fog Overlays from Crux Motorsports and my Hella Supertones installed. The bracket and wiring harness from Subimods.com - Modding The Industry is definitely worth it. Cuts install time down to nothing. When I installed these on my 04 STi years ago, I had to mess around with making my own ghetto harness. After this install I must have done something wrong back then cause these are MUCH louder. Biggest pain was just trying to get the Hella bracket off the back of the horns themselves. Those things were on there TIGHT!

Yellow overlays backed by VLEDS 9006 LED 5k Bulbs

And one more from it's first trip to the beach for the hell of it :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.