IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! where do i start?, well i recently had my 2006 Acura RSX Type S stolen from me and car was found completely stripped.

before:

after:

Well insurance paid me handsomely $18,000 for my car since it had still very very low mileage.

so i had a couple of choices of cars,

was looking at Acura but all there models look like scifi space ships, and Honda was looking pretty crappy in the performance department...lol

so i finally decided that i wanted a AWD car, was looking at AUDI but did not like the idea of paying out the *** for a new A4 with 200 hp... same for BMW

so wife mentioned to me how about Subaru? im like hmm they do look pretty nice and they handle real well in the snow!! my neighbors Outback pulls everybody from around the neighborhood out of the snow every year..lol me included in the rsx...

so i went to Subaru.com to configure a STI sedan and the results really got me amped up for a new subaru (also YouTube helped out on the visual portion lol) so started looking for dealers, found really nice dealers and found some stuck up dealers that looked at me like i was there just to waste there time.

so i wanted a color that would not call out to much attention, to others or law enforcement, so the blue and red were out...

so after 2 months of searching and pricing i finally found my perfect car!

a 2011 OBP Subaru Impreza WRX STI Sedan with 12 miles on the ODO!!

NOW, im writing this and its been almost 2 weeks since i got the car and im loving it!!!

First pics i toke of my STI:

my first ricer mod...lol

will keep posting up recent pics!

Thanks for looking guys!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea still on OEM exhaust, but it reduced it about 30%, the trick is to do 3 - 4 layers on both sides right above the muffler canisters and used dynamat foam to actually muffle out the low frequencies. I honestly can't here my exhuast with my music on a normal listening level, only the motor

1 - 20 of 79 Posts