IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts
Re: The Big Kahoona's Journal (Protuned stg 2 - 318whp 328wtq)

Both front and rear lips are HT Auto.

Def want side skirts! Those and and a diffuser and i'm going to call it a day when it comes to exterior mods
I thought HT auto had a 3 in 1 combo deal..which is cheaper than buying separately.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

I thought HT auto had a 3 combo deal..which is cheaper than buying separately.
They do? :confused:

Do tell!

EDIT: WOW, that's new, as in a few days new. The side skirts don't even have their own order ref!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

So i found a guy parting out his '08. Going to swap my '11s + cash for his Tein Monoflex with less than 2k miles

·
Registered
280 Posts

sick mayn!
any pics of your nav installed?
also wuts the difference between the bezel u ordered and the ones that people order in the states?

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

sick mayn!
any pics of your nav installed?
also wuts the difference between the bezel u ordered and the ones that people order in the states?
Thanks

Still have to see the bezel in person to decide (i've seen the other one). It's late, but should be here on monday. Will def get some pics up so there can be a comparison between the one everyone seems to be ordering and this one

·
Registered
113 Posts

Are you willing to share how you blacked out the side vents on the front bumper? I love the look and execution!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

Picked up a few new things:

Grimmspeed thermostat
Perrin front strut
Mishimoto Oil cooler kit
Group N tranny mount

Some thoughts:

The Perrin strut is still stuck in the mail (since the 6th!?)...
Group N Tranny mount & Grimmspeed thermostat packaging were crap. No labels, just random boxes with the stuff loose in them. Not too sure if i'm happy about that as these were delivered internationally as well. I generally don't care about the packaging, but if stuff is loose in a box then you never know...

The Mishimoto Oil Cooler did have some nice packaging though, and this is the part i've been wanting the most. Looks really well made too. Can't wait to slap this on. Worried about fitment as it's a universal product, so i'll reserve my comments till i get it installed

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

Hey Big K Sir...

If you don't mind me asking ?

Where have the Tranny mount & thermostat been ordered from?

BTW... Looking forward to cooler install/fitment write-up :cool:

Are you now looking into oil/temp gauges?
Got them from IIR. Since i live so far away from the US, shipping is a big consideration for me. I often end up paying 30-40% extra on all parts because of damn shipping costs. The guys from IIR give me good deals on shipping, and they have a massive inventory, so i generally go with them.

Def looking into the guage. The only 2 i have right now are EGT & Boost. Was thinking zero sports guage pod, but at the same time i might have something custom built

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Got them from IIR. Since i live so far away from the US, shipping is a big consideration for me. I often end up paying 30-40% extra on all parts because of damn shipping costs. The guys from IIR give me good deals on shipping, and they have a massive inventory, so i generally go with them.

Def looking into the guage. The only 2 i have right now are EGT & Boost. Was thinking zero sports guage pod, but at the same time i might have something custom built
Custom built !??

Now!! you really got my attention !! ;)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

What are the main benefits from getting that oil cooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It says it all... To allow you to run cooler of course (mainly track/auto-X/drag guys)

Why you wanna run cooler you may ask...

There is such a thing as boosting foolishly out of ideal oil temps range... and such a thing as ideal oil temperature for optimal thermal protection... either too cold or too hot.. so in this case... wanting to stay under "too hot"

FYI... Some people are experienced enough with their car's that just with oil/pressure gauge, they can tell temps and starvation :eek:

As for where Big K is concerned.. He's looking to track this car in the future :D

There for... Oil Cooler FTW

41 - 60 of 141 Posts