IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have CEL: Cat Conv inefficientcy below threshold.
I have no cat :)

Can anybody advice me for the best cell fix that still utilize the capability of the 02 sensor w/ OEM ECU instead of just sticking a resistor to fool the ECU?

I have been clearing my CEL and now I can't stand it anymore.
I need a good fix.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
some people have success with an O2 mounting flange that is not in the direct flow of the exhaust gases. I believe Godspeed uses this design with much success.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya and if that doesnt work.. look around. Ebay, perrin, and some other companies sell 04 CEL fixes. They are all pretty much the same im sure. Just make sure they are made for the 04 WRX/STi.

Robert~

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.rallyperformance.com/stage_power_upgrades.shtml

Check the link above.

Because our combination will likely cause a P0420 check engine light, we have developed an active electronic engine fix that not only eliminates that light, but allows your ECU to work normally AND properly adjust fuel trim. If you wish to purchase this fix, it is available for an additional $99.50; or, you may wish to put that money towards the performance mapped factory ECU in stage 2 that also takes care of the fix. This fix is a small "black box" that fits next to the ECU and cost over $3,000.00 to properly research.

What's the difference b/ this box and resistor kits ($15) outthere?
I am looking for something that just don't bypass the O2 sensor.
Something that actually keep the O2 sensor working w/ the ECU.
Moving the O2 sensor is a good idea.
Anybody can provide me link on moving the O2 sensor?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
?? moving the 02 sensor? I think we meant just extending the 02 sensor housing. That will keep you CEL free.

Robert~

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehehe..
I meant yes.. Extending...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
lol ;) i thought so. Its not a big deal. They did it to a local kid's catless evo and it fixed his problem. Im sure it will do the same for you.

Robert~

·
Registered
10 Posts
A 50 cent 1 Megohm resistor from Radio Shack spliced in series with the blue wire going to the O2 sensor will do the trick. A guy with the username "dizastical" posted it on the Club WRX forums and it worked great for me too.

Scott

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Re: Asking for help -- choosing gauges/a-pillar/etc

I use the same resistor mod on mine, works well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys..

I'll go to RadioShack Tomorrow..

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
scottinal said:
A 50 cent 1 Megohm resistor from Radio Shack spliced in series with the blue wire going to the O2 sensor will do the trick. A guy with the username "dizastical" posted it on the Club WRX forums and it worked great for me too.

Scott
i second that

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys.. I believe this is the best O2 Sensor fix.
It's GodSpeed DP style O2 sensor mounting.
You are not altering the OEM wire

VetteVert wrote this fix on Nasioc and WRXncrew did a write up w/ nice pic.
Thanks to both VetteVert and WRXncrew for their instructions.

The objective of this fix is to extend the 02 sensor so that it won't be in the direct flow of the exhaust.

The following is the Help! part# 42002 from Motormite. This will need to be modified by drilling through one so that the O2 sensor won't bottom out. With both pieces screwed together, the length is around 2". These are the 18mm tapered part, but there is also a 18mm flat mount style part# 42009. These can be purchased from any autoparts house, like Kragen, Pepboys, etc. Any place that carries the 'Help!' Motormite brand.

I actually bought both parts, then drilled a 1/2" hole through each #42002, then used the #42009 as the base, now I have 2 mechanical O2 bung fixes. Enjoy!
For me, I just bought the 42002 @ Pepboys / Autozone. And drill the 42002 out to fit in the 02 sensor. And use the other undrilled 42002 as a base.
42002 is cheaper than 42009.

I haven't driven my STi w/ this fix yet but I am sure I wont be getting CEL no more.
Will keep on posting on this this.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if this post is good to be stickied for others to see.
You guys decide.

Thanks.
David

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
cool man :) I'd find it just as easy to weld an extension on there, but ya that works great! Nice find! That way you dont have to screw with the OEM wiring and such.

Robert~

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2 full tanks of gas w/ Spark Plug Fouler fix.
NO CEL so far...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope..

Everything is fine....
I like this fix... $5 only and does not alter anything!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts