IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Here is the interior now

Got some 2005 door cards and 2007 center console. The original blue fabric has seen better days.

New fabric for the door cards

New front speakers infinity 6000 cs and stock rear speakers.

Giving the 2007 center console a good cleaning.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Purchased the IA kit for the rear to fit 5 1/4 speakers. I have a extra set of stock rear speakers if anyone wants them if not will most likely find the dumpster.

I did purchase the dress up bolts kit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Got the new head unit installed. Sound quality has improved. It also has added features im not used to like aux, blue tooth, usb, dvd.

before

harness

All done

·
Super Moderator
10,695 Posts
Good and looking good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Got bored at the shop last friday and mounted the wing from my bmw on a friend's STi. I had a spare wrb trunk from a bugeye to attach the wing to. What do you think?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well I bought a 2007 STi steering wheel for the car. After buying I looked up another diy thread to find the thread posted on this site stating you must use the 2005 STi steering wheel air bag. So now im stuck with a 2007 air bag and cannot find a 2005 air bag to save my life..
If anyone has one please pm me..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Started working on the center console trim. The factory grey pieces have some blemishes so I decided to spray them. I chose a bmw silver to spray them. What do you think?

;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Looking good!

Reminds me that I need to respray mine. Previous owner used Plasti Dip to black the center console trim out and he wasn't the best with the rattle can :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Looking good!

Reminds me that I need to respray mine. Previous owner used Plasti Dip to black the center console trim out and he wasn't the best with the rattle can :lol:
LOL. I have seen some local that were plasti dipped and I wasn't impressed. It always has that thick texture and sometimes fades brownish. Im doing my shifter bezel next.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Well im still waiting on my door panels to get re wrapped before the interior conversion. Until than ill post a couple pictures of the bmw getting a new color.

From plain black to this

Interesting color

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Finally got what I needed and installed my 2007 steering wheel with a 2005 airbag. Very simple swap.

I had been told the 2004 wheel was smaller and the the same about the 2005 wheel. I have not taken measurements yet but I will say the 2005-7 wheel feels a lot thicker. If the diameter of the wheel is different I suspect it not being by much.

Another update. Finally hit 40k.

before (terrible iphone pictures)

After

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Damn... I might finally hit 40k next year some time. :)
Thats pretty cool to see some STi's out there that aren't high mileage with tons of problems.

On another note The Sti is down again thanks to AEM's great quality meth kit. Im really considering throwing it all out and going aquamist. Their customer service is depleting rapidly..

I have had quite a lot of issues with their meth kit since day 1. Im on my second broken injector fitting. This is all within 4k miles of usage..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I have been doing Headlight restorations for fellow Subaru owners. The Unabomber himself I think more famous on Nasioc than here came by the shop to get his headlights looking new again after trying to restore them himself multiple times. Here are some before and after pictures.

Before

Passenger

Driver

Passenger light sanded

Clear coated

Passenger light

Driver light

Makes the car look better doesn't it?!

Friends 07 STi

All yellow and nasty

Cleaned up good

No more yellow

Passenger light outside

Driver light outside

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Finally dyno'd the STi on the same dynojet on a really hot day. It made 287whp/360wtq. Will post the dyno graph shortly.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts