1181 - 1200 of 1228 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,182
Re: The Abomination: Full Retard

H6 twin turbo in a STi?

If I was a chick I would marry you.
Yes sir. That is the general plan. Not telling all the specific accoutremonts associated with the implementation because they still need to be ironed out and properly resourced. Already have one H6 engine showing up at my house tomorrow. Still need to source the other one through a donor car with harness, etc. Lots of resourcing to do and have already made contact with several companies in regards to the specific components I want made for me. It will take roughly a year for all of it to be built to my standards. Heck, the custom crank will take 4-6 months by itself.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,184

that's straight GTR style motor going in there :)
Something like that....
I'm thinking more like some engines produced in the 70s and 80s, not RBs or R35s...
I figure thirty years later I can add some small improvements on that concept and make something nasty :devil:

though that's the dream part of it. I have my list of hard written goals and if i achieve 80% of them :D

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,186

What do you mean?

Anything is possible with the right amount of money and time. I had a nice build sheet for some twins on our cars... it just came down to money/hp. If I'm going to twins, why not put in something that revs to the moon and has more displacement?

·
pwn n00bs
18,211 Posts

i meant the H6. i'm trying to picture it, but can't LOL. i'm not familiar with the H6 at all. however, it would be sick. sell the design to subaru = profit.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

What are the approximate power goals?

Really... you are my hero. When you finish, I am going to fly out to NC to see the car (around the same time my mom is moving back to socal from Burlington, NC... THAT'S why I would be out there.)

If it is successful I am doing it too!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,189

i meant the H6. i'm trying to picture it, but can't LOL. i'm not familiar with the H6 at all. however, it would be sick. sell the design to subaru = profit.
Ever seen how rally cars mount radiators? ;)

Only one major thing being designed will be suitable for general public consumption. And that will require many flaming hoops being passed as well as some political leverage:)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,190

What are the approximate power goals?

Really... you are my hero. When you finish, I am going to fly out to NC to see the car (around the same time my mom is moving back to socal from Burlington, NC... THAT'S why I would be out there.)

If it is successful I am doing it too!
Thanks. Just know this will not be something for the faint of heart or thin of wallet. Atleast my version won't be. There will be several areas that can be cut down for a more affordable public consumption version.

I may not be in NC when this finishes. I've been in this state for way too long and I need to move if I'm going to keep up my current standard of living (IE funds for STi) once I'm out of the military.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,192

Where are you thinking? I plan on building my STI to absurdity once I am a FULL-TIME grownup.
Current thought is Florida. Lots of foreclosed houses, and a half decent job market.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

Orlando w00t!! :banana:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,196

We'll see how things go. Right now it's finding resources on the cheap and saving up for the move. Once the move is done and I'm settled in, then the dishing out of funds will begin in earnest. Right now it's patient procurement and research on options for some of the smaller items. Price hunting if you will.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,199

Personally, I don't care where i end up so long as

-Cost of living is low
-Can find a decent plot of land
-Job market for my skillsets is healthy

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

florida is great. leaving for there at 4pm today!
PM me where abouts, I've got half of next week off! :banana:

Florida is a great place to visit and a terrible place to live.
Lies! We've got hurricanes, homeless people, mickey mouse and 12 mos of racing!! :cool:

1181 - 1200 of 1228 Posts