IW STi Forum banner

5281 - 5300 of 5324 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
I ended up ordering 245/35/18's but I hope not to add more camber than what will naturally be there. I hope to be rub free but I don't mind the lip of the rims being outside the fender.
245/35/18 is substantially shorter than stock, why did you go to that short of a tire?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ended up ordering 245/35/18's but I hope not to add more camber than what will naturally be there. I hope to be rub free but I don't mind the lip of the rims being outside the fender.
245/35/18 is substantially shorter than stock, why did you go to that short of a tire?
I've seen a lot of people on the forums running that tire size and the wheel shop suggested it for easier fitment. What would you recommend and why?

·
Registered
183 Posts
it just depends on how much you are willing to do to make something fit. My setup up is aggressive and extreme, but it makes a setup with the specs you are talking about seem easy to fit. At least go with a 245/40 tire, you are cutting your sidewall down significantly with the 245/35, freeway cruising will not be fun.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Someone is looking to buy my 2017 stock WRX wheels. He has a 2012 Impreza with 5x100 bolt pattern. What size adaptor would he need to fit my 5x114.3 on his car? Would anything else need to be done to avoid rubbing? Thank you in advance for you help!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Looking to possibly fit 18x9.5 +40 Enkei NT03RR on my 14 STi (Sedan) dropped about an inch all around on Fortune 500 coils. Will they clear the coils inboard with a 265/35/18? Not worried about rubbing, I can roll if i need to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Read through countless pages and am lost in all this info.. I'm looking for advice on what the best way to run 18.5x10 +22 wheels on a 11 STi hatch would be? Open to new tires but currently running 245/40/18 DWS. Currently on stock suspension but actively looking for coils

If that's not an easy/good set up what would be the most aggressive with no fender pull required? Fender roll is fine though

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Read through countless pages and am lost in all this info.. I'm looking for advice on what the best way to run 18.5x10 +22 wheels on a 11 STi hatch would be? Open to new tires but currently running 245/40/18 DWS. Currently on stock suspension but actively looking for coils

If that's not an easy/good set up what would be the most aggressive with no fender pull required? Fender roll is fine though
Even with coilovers you're going to need a lot of fender pulling, a lot of camber (-4 is the starting point) and theres a good chance it'll still rub.

This size is not an ideal size for the GR/GV platform on stock fenders.

You can go to a higher offset 10.5 and fit it under the fenders with the right suspension combination. Why are you wanting a 10.5 wheel specifically?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even with coilovers you're going to need a lot of fender pulling, a lot of camber (-4 is the starting point) and theres a good chance it'll still rub.

This size is not an ideal size for the GR/GV platform on stock fenders.

You can go to a higher offset 10.5 and fit it under the fenders with the right suspension combination. Why are you wanting a 10.5 wheel specifically?
Finding it super hard to pass up on a set of Work CR Kai's for a steal price in nearly mint condition

Edit: You seem to be the thread guru, from your experience whats the most ideal aggressive set up for a GR chassis? KW V3s are potentially in the mix, rolling fenders is a go but hesitant on pulling and over 2* camber.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Need a quick response! I'm Going to be doing 18x9.5 +38 Work Emotion T7R with a 255/35 tire lowered about an inch on FA500 coils with 7k/7k springs on my 2014 STi sedan. I plan on rolling the rear right away, but are my springs too soft to fit this setup? TIA!!!

Eric

·
Registered
183 Posts
The rear spring should be stiffer, the GR chassis isn't a strut in the back therefor there is more leverage on the damper and spring, for it to be a balance setup id say you would need to be 2k higher in the rear. Although in general, that's a soft setup, I think most coils come with an 8k front and 10k rear spring.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The rear spring should be stiffer, the GR chassis isn't a strut in the back therefor there is more leverage on the damper and spring, for it to be a balance setup id say you would need to be 2k higher in the rear. Although in general, that's a soft setup, I think most coils come with an 8k front and 10k rear spring.
Standard is 8k/8k i thought. (at least from Fortune Auto) Anyway, can I make it work? Or am I gonna rub on everything? I'm on 18x9 +45 right now and have no issues.

EDIT: Also, Im not dropped too aggressively, and 7k/7k is stiffer than RCE Yellows and Stock springs, and people make it work on those. Maybe my reasoning is off, but I was just looking for confirmation.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Standard is 8k/8k i thought. (at least from Fortune Auto) Anyway, can I make it work? Or am I gonna rub on everything? I'm on 18x9 +45 right now and have no issues.

EDIT: Also, Im not dropped too aggressively, and 7k/7k is stiffer than RCE Yellows and Stock springs, and people make it work on those. Maybe my reasoning is off, but I was just looking for confirmation.
I think Jonny hit the nail on the head with 8k/9 or 10k. Either way, you want the rear spring rate higher. It will help the rear end rotate. Which is also why people want big swaybars in the rear and stock sway bar up front. 7k is very soft though. I believe my KW V3's are 7k rates and it's a very soft setup. But, you wont rub at all with that wheel setup.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think Jonny hit the nail on the head with 8k/9 or 10k. Either way, you want the rear spring rate higher. It will help the rear end rotate. Which is also why people want big swaybars in the rear and stock sway bar up front. 7k is very soft though. I believe my KW V3's are 7k rates and it's a very soft setup. But, you wont rub at all with that wheel setup.
Thanks! This is what I was looking for. Once the car is no longer my daily, i can look into different spring rates, but for my daily it makes it ride so nice! Thanks again tyler. :)

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
comfort is subjective.

I was comfortable in my 16k/15k setup, but no-one else is.

Exactly what I was going to say. I was comfortable with my 8k/8k setup when the car was used as a grocery getter, weekend warrior and for autocross. It ran great for what I did at the time, but when the car’s purpose changed around, it didn’t work anymore. There is no right or only one answer for suspension comfort.

5281 - 5300 of 5324 Posts