IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So when I get back in a few more weeks I will be starting on the GT35R STi build of mine and will be doing the DIY TGV Delete mod. I believe Mick is also going to join me. If anyone else is up for it we can set up a date and time and do them all at once. I think Mick already got the gaskets for ours. They shouldnt be too expensive. The mod is good for 15whp, dyno proven, so its a pretty awesome mod and fairly simple for us who have some mechanical skills. I will post of some more info on it in a few. Or you can research it yourself.

Late

Oh and for you pansies, I will be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
<script src="http://www.clocklink.com/embed.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">obj = new Object;obj.clockfile = "9001E-Blue.swf";obj.TimeZone = "EET";obj.width = 320;obj.height = 20;obj.Target = "2006,9,22,12,33,5";obj.Message = "";obj.Title = "Till I get HOME!";obj.wmode = "transparent";showClock(obj);</script>

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Thanks for the informative picture on the TGV deletes! I've always had a hard time grasping what was actually involved in the procedure. I had the manifold taken off for the APS inlet install, but did not have this done. I wish I had, but this looks to be a mod that leaves you unable to return to stock.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
boostinscooby said:
You can get a set of someones stock ones fairly cheap. So you can always return back to stock!

Haven't come across any as of yet!

·
'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
we went one huge step even further. we did the deletes last year. this year we swapped to rc1000 top feed injectors and a bdl rail. the bdl rail is made for a wrx and not an sti tumbler. this means the mounting holes were off, as you can see from the before and after pic below. most people hack the rail and in 20 minutes can make it fit but not us. ricky spent nearly 8 hours using a tig welder to create a mounting location and cleaning up both tumblers, including removing all the extra casting on the sides for the sensors and servos (those ear-like structures) and relieving the injector holes. here's what they looked like when he was through. they were painted in the same duplicolor blue when we were done. this is opportunity to show off his work.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I have 3 sets of gaskets. One for me, Wyatt and im guesing Jeff. Im starting on mine now so I will let you 2 know how it went. Im going to have the holes in mine welded up. Mick said he's gotta good friend that can do it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So who is next? I have 2 sets of gaskets left. Once we get them off we will take them to Nick and you can have them back the next day port matched to the heads and with the holes sealed up. He said $60 for the work and thats it. $60 for 15whp is a sweet deal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.