IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I did a tgv deletes, 20g turbo upgrade, 800cc injectors, and blow thru maf on a perrin fmic. I know I need a tune but I figured i could at least idle the car to check for leaks etc... Will these mods cause the engine to not start at all? I checked for codes and all I get are the 4 TGV error codes. Is this enough to not start???

Thanks in advance everyone

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
If you scale the injectors, it should run ok ... if it's not starting, that's not good. TGV codes won't prevent your car from starting.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you scale the injectors, it should run ok ... if it's not starting, that's not good. TGV codes won't prevent your car from starting.

Well, I didn't scale them I need to get it retuned I just need to idle it to see if there are any leaks before I take it to the shop.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well, so the car is probably flooding then and that's why it's not starting. Don't you have anybody who has an tactrix cable who can rescale your injector scaling table with RomRaider?

Does it just crank over and nothing?

Well, I didn't scale them I need to get it retuned I just need to idle it to see if there are any leaks before I take it to the shop.

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
If your looking for fuel leaks you don't need to run the car to find those. The fuel system is pressurized when you turn the key to the on position.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Tell us what engine management you're using and we'll tell you how to scale your injectors close enough to start at least.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I've been at it for hours and finally got it going my buddy that was helping connected the fuel supply at the IM in reverse. After that it fired right up. It runs rough obviously but I just needed it to turn on so I. An drive it up the trailer to take it to the tuner. I'm using Cobb ap. I don't have anyone that can rescale injectors as of now I'll just wait until I take it to the tuner.

Thanks all so much for your suggestions that is what lead me to the fuel system

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Glad you got it working, good luck with the tune!

Ok. I've been at it for hours and finally got it going my buddy that was helping connected the fuel supply at the IM in reverse. After that it fired right up. It runs rough obviously but I just needed it to turn on so I. An drive it up the trailer to take it to the tuner. I'm using Cobb ap. I don't have anyone that can rescale injectors as of now I'll just wait until I take it to the tuner.

Thanks all so much for your suggestions that is what lead me to the fuel system

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, are you guys familiar with blow thru mafs? One tuner told me they're impossible to tune I'm waiting to hear back from another tuner. It doesn't make sense why make them and sell them if they're not good?

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Those TGV delete codes will not cause the engine to not start. They are purely informational in nature and if you are running an AP you can disable them so you dont see them anymore....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts