IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove an Sti last week, man that's a sweet car. I had and Audi S4 before, stock, and i thought it was quick. But the sti is so much faster than the S4.

I sold my Audi and started to build a house.

if i didn't start to build my house i would buy the sti in a second.

oh well....my plans 8) ........build house, sell house, buy STi......be happy :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thats a real bummer. the STi is awesome. i fell into a situation myself that almost kept me from buying my STi. i bought my STi while living with my girlfriend. we were splitting all the bills so i had the income at the time to buy a new car. i chose the STi. soon after we had a falling out and she moved out and we broke up. suddenly my bills doubled and now i find myself eating meals fit for a poor college student just so i can afford to keep my STi. and i will keep my STi!!!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
crashsti said:
thats a real bummer. the STi is awesome. i fell into a situation myself that almost kept me from buying my STi. i bought my STi while living with my girlfriend. we were splitting all the bills so i had the income at the time to buy a new car. i chose the STi. soon after we had a falling out and she moved out and we broke up. suddenly my bills doubled and now i find myself eating meals fit for a poor college student just so i can afford to keep my STi. and i will keep my STi!!!!!
Your not alone, I would sacrifice nice meals for the STi if needed. You can always raid your parents fridge.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
crashsti wrote:

Your not alone, I would sacrifice nice meals for the STi if needed. You can always raid your parents fridge.
thats funny you bring that up. i've been doing that too. lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a 2000 S4.

I didn't chip it because i was going to sell it, and most of the buyers don't want to buy modified cars.

If i would have chipped it and add exhaust it would be runing mid 13's

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've basically sacrificed the next few years of my life to own the STi, as I'm only 20 and my mom co-signed for the loan. Now I'm working my ass off, but it's still worth every penny. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DenniSTi said:
I've basically sacrificed the next few years of my life to own the STi, as I'm only 20 and my mom co-signed for the loan. Now I'm working my ass off, but it's still worth every penny. :D
i'm also 20...I've had my first car at 15, a red 95 integra, then a 2000 Civic Si, then 95 H22a prelude, then a 2000 Audi S4...sold the audi and started to build a house. Figured that i'll rather invest in something with profit :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Presilvia said:
I test drove an Sti last week, man that's a sweet car. I had and Audi S4 before, stock, and i thought it was quick. But the sti is so much faster than the S4.

I sold my Audi and started to build a house.

if i didn't start to build my house i would buy the sti in a second.

oh well....my plans 8) ........build house, sell house, buy STi......be happy :D
Yeah, I traded my A6 2.7T for my STi : )

-st

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
wow! no kidding. i also had an S4. traded it in on the STi in October.

i had a stage 2+ with gutted dp's...and the STi feels a lot faster for some reason.

i'm still getting used to the radical styling of the STi. but i couldn't bare to go back to a 2wd performance car after having the Audi.

the STi was the only choice since i don't have any faith in the Mitsubishi brand.

i'm totally happy with my choice...and i'm dying to get it on the track as i did my S4.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
As mentioned in another thread, I was set on a 350Z Track until I test drove the STi. Stole me away in 10 seconds...I was hooked.

3 months...and the anticipation is growing....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh man, went in today about an hour before closing and finally test drove the STi, whatta machine!

I'm a purebred sports car guy. I last had a modded 93 S13 240SX with the SR20DET enginetuned to about 275 hp at the crank, and sold it for a friggin Jeep TJ thinking it would be a temporary winter beater until I get my next sports car, either a 93 vintage Z32 300ZXTT or an S2000. Well, the plans were riding on us moving to a bigger house with an extra garage which has since changed. I told the wife last week that if I can't keep a 3rd car, I'm going to sell the damn TJ and get an STi so I can enjoy a performance car year round.

I love the thing, only problem is justifying the extra $10K (Canadian) for the upgrade. I can't help think I can get a base WRX and take the saved money to the mod shop...

Help me out here folks!!

JZ

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
In order to get both the handling and power of the standard WRX up to the STi, you'd spend a fortune and still not have DCCD and some of the other stuff the STi has. Forget taking the saved money to the mod shop. Get an STi and you'll have a hugely upgraded WRX and in 2 or 3 years you can start worry about upgrading it a little.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I agree with RadarOnPaws, trying to do the upgrade on a WRX to a STi isn't cheaper. Sport Compact Car did an article called Spank the STi in August 2003. They said it was a draw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts