IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone live near Ange-Gardien, QC J0E https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ange-Gardien,+QC+J0E/@45.3424799,-72.9570454,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4cc9c7851dcf52a1:0x6debe9173b3efe1e?nogmmr=1

And willing to go test drive an STI for me? I live in Winnipeg and only want to go down to buy it if it's a sound purchase. I also want a local mechanic to do a pre-purchase inspection if your test drive goes well.

Thanks! I also would like to discuss with those interested in helping me decide the right vehicle for me. Eg. Should I avoid black exterior due to terribly hard to maintain?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I'm 26hr drive away from there and I'm very apprehensive about purchasing a WRX STi w/o someone knowledgeable approving it, saying it performs and handles how it ought to.

3hr drive one way seems like way too much time and I would feel like I owe you $ for that time. Probably the best plan is to pay a local shop to do a prepurchase inspection which includes a test drive and see what the shop thinks of it's condition.

I test drove a WRX (non STi) last night for the first time and I loved it! But I want HID headlights and 6spd manual! However, I'm concerned that an STi would have been driven really hard and I've heard something about ring problems being common on the STi. It does only have 31,500 kms on it, so that's good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts