IW STi Forum banner

terribly sorry if this was already mentioned ;(

826 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  orca 
#1 ·
i looked all over but i was not able to find this.

I remember seeing somewhere of this info but couldnt find it.

my question is, what is the difference between the stock security system in the STi and the upgraded security system in the STi.

I was wondering if it is worth the extra $300 to get the SUBARU upgraded security system or if I should look for an aftermarket security system.

again, sorry if this was already discussed.
I would be greatly appreciated if someone would link this to wherever this has already been mentioned in...

#2 ·
i didnt think there was an upgraded on the security package.

it comes with keyless entry as standard. no security. the alarm upgrade does have the keyless, but it comes with door opening sensors, vibration sensor, and starter kill...

personally, never ever get oem security unless they offer the car like that and you desperately wanted the car, like i did...

otherwise, aftermarket is always better and sometimes cheaper.

#4 ·
I see. So all the car comes with first is the keyless entry. (glad there wasnt a post of this before, didnt make a fool of myself) the OEM comes with a vibration sensor?? wow. What kind of companies are a good aftermarket security candidate? I have no clue on these stuff because my other cars that i have had never were a danger enough to get a security system involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.