IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i want to thank everyone who's helped us out in the past ten years. Its still hard to believe that ten years ago this week i started out making shifters for the 1999 Impreza RS in my garage. At that time there was only Mike Shields from SPD. JC Sports and myself pretty much that was it in the USA for performance parts.

In the past ten years we've all seen some major ups and downs. Countless companies coming in and going out of business just as fast. It makes me proud to say that we've grown a good deal from that small garage at a rental house to a fully equipped CNC shop with 6K sqft! BUT were still small enough to handle each and every customer with top notch quality USA made parts. NOTHING is manufactured overseas.

I believe my first customer back from the sti mailing list was Rolando Rios from Colorado, Second was Garrick Goh who now works for SOA!!!( send em some work garrick! :lol:) Our first dealer was Dale Teagues of Teagues Auto. Dales still running strong as ever! congrats to you too Dale!
I can still remember my first PO from Dale... it was for 25 shifters. i thought to myself HTH am i going to make all these? back then they were all HAND TURNED on my little toy lathe at nights and on the weekends... fast forward a few months later. i remember sending MY first PO to the local CNC shop for 100 RS levers. Thinking to myself, i'm never going to sell all of these. i just spend my last penny buying these parts. Well almost as soon as they came in i had another PO send to them. its all snowballed from there.

Some ten years later and well over 15,000 shifters we are still made in the USA. still welded right here in San Diego, still boxed by myself! I think we have well over 35-40 distributors world wide and have had countless satisfied customers.

What will the next 10,20,30 years(well in 30 years i had better be retired by then) bring? Hopefully more of the same top quality parts you have know to love and trust.

if you've made it this far through my ramblings, now you can get to the good part. for this week were taking 10% off all orders. use "tenyear" on the checkout page to get the little Thankyou from me.

Tom Deadrick
kartboy dot com

·
Registered
102 Posts
yea ive been driving subarus for 7 years and you guys have been around the entire time. top notch parts, awesome presence in the community.

whenever i see kartboy i know quality is behind it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
1st, congrats on your milestone. Your company has a stellar reputation.

2nd, down to business. What mods would you recommend for an A stock GR series beyond rims & rcomps? If I remember correctly you guys Axed a GR earlier in the year.

Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
katboy FTW!!

:tup: for great parts that will last longer than your car!

Sup with the rear GR rear endlinks? Anxious to see them!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Congrats Tom!

I was an early adopter of your 2002 WRX short shifter, and have bought every product since (even the short lived FSB endlinks for the '02 WRX :eek:). Great products, great customer service, great doing business with you all these years. :)

·
I am a banana!
2,827 Posts
Boy...I really can't wait for the 100 years in business sale! I mean it, I really can't wait...because I'll be dead. :(

Great sale, but I'm actually hoping to take advantage of the "OMG it's spring!!!" sale since that is when I will most likely be ordering. :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Congrats, Tom. Personally, I've purchased a whole bunch of stuff from Kartboy for the 3 Subarus I've had in the last 5 years. Top notch stuff, each and every time!

I'll have to stop by the shop in San Diego when I visit my folks. You're only about 15 minutes away :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boy...I really can't wait for the 100 years in business sale! I mean it, I really can't wait...because I'll be dead. :(

Great sale, but I'm actually hoping to take advantage of the "OMG it's spring!!!" sale since that is when I will most likely be ordering. :D
LOL put it on the CC as we'll most likely not have another sale till 15 years ;) and no it will not be 15% off. thats more than i make on most parts :(

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.