IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes that does appear lower, but that also means the front end of your STI is going to meet the ground more often. Right now with the pinks, it is just high enought to avoid most streets that sit in front of the driveways I pull out of. Likewise, when pulling in driveways.

Performance will probably not be substantially different b/t them. Who knows someone can probably argue both ways why one might be better than the other.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is there any issue with the Shocks? Aren't they different on the STi vs the WRX? Aren't all these pics of a WRX?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
STi Do's & Dont's

All this talk about the look and no mention of proper spring rate to damping ratio..... :(

I'll go pinks as soon as someone proves that we should have had them from the start (spring rate too low for stock damping rate of struts).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MB Quart VS Rockford Fosgate

Hey Clone,
I agree with you Performance before looks. Especially with the STI. Here are the specs.

FRONT SPRING RATES 4.3/240
REAR SPRING RATES 3.7/207
FRONT RIDE HEIGHT -41mm -1.6in
REAR RIDE HEIGHT -24mm -0.9in

Sti Stech:
Rates:240f/207r Drop:1.6f/0.9r

I would not install these. I perfer the pinks. Can someone post the STI Pink Specs to compare?

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
clone,
sti sez they are matched up properly, that isn;t good enough for you? if you don;t want to mod your car, no one cares, you act like you are trying to get people to talk you into modding your ride. no one cares if you do or don;t. sorry for being a dick :wink: lowering the front makes this car handle better and feel better around turns. even just for the feeling it is worth it. no more twitch bull in a hard corner. my shocks are doing fine after 2k miles. and i'm sure they would of lasted their normal life span if i wasn;t getting coilovers....peace

·
Registered
133 Posts
munky69 said:
clone,
sti sez they are matched up properly, that isn;t good enough for you? if you don;t want to mod your car, no one cares, you act like you are trying to get people to talk you into modding your ride. no one cares if you do or don;t. sorry for being a dick :wink: lowering the front makes this car handle better and feel better around turns. even just for the feeling it is worth it. no more twitch bull in a hard corner. my shocks are doing fine after 2k miles. and i'm sure they would of lasted their normal life span if i wasn;t getting coilovers....peace
Amen to that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts