IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the rear makes the noise that everyone is talking about.i raised the car about an inch all around to try and give a little more shock travel and tighten up the spring ,but it still makes some noise in the rear.I'm not sure if i would buy them again or just get some lowering springs.This setup has the adjustability for height,stiffness and front camber and is alot easier to install then just getting new springs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
Why'd you opt for the Flex's over the SS's???
Went with the Flex because I also got the EDFC, Electronic Damping Force Controller, and the Flex system was the only one that I knew of that was compatible.

RLsChMiDt said:
Car looks great...can it be lowered even more if one would want it that low?
It can be lowered even more, but I thought that was a good starting point. If I don't run into any issues, I probaly bring it down just a little bit more.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
National Capital Chapte BMWCCA Auto-X, Spots Avail.

The Tein SS's are EDFC compatible...part #EDKU1-14140.

Hey Thorn your ride looks niice!!! Experience any of the infamous Tein FLEX clunking in the rear? Also, did you have to move the AC lines to put the front Cusco strut bar in?

-STiLL

·
Registered
546 Posts
why didnt you go with the praxxis? :eek:

·
Registered
411 Posts
STiLLWILL said:
The Tein SS's are EDFC compatible...part #EDKU1-14140.
Well I be damned, the Tein brochure only had the Flex as EDFC compatible. Oh well, still happy with the Flex.

STiLLWILL said:
Experience any of the infamous Tein FLEX clunking in the rear?
Haven't heard any clunking yet, and I've been beating up the back roads since the install. If it does occur, what should I do?

STiLLWILL said:
Also, did you have to move the AC lines to put the front Cusco strut bar in?
Yes, removed the two bolts for the mounting brackets and moved it down so that the top hole in the bracket lined up with the bottom hole in the firewall. Thinking about removing the A/C anyway. we'll see.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you do, one day, experience the clunking in the rear...you shouldn't worry about it. The clunking that you hear is an inherent characteristic of the pillowball upper mounts that come with the FLEX coilovers. They're doing their job, just a bit louder than others. Many have gotten the FLEX 'clunk' from day 1(like PhastM3^^^). If you were one of the lucky ones, you shouldn't ever hear this clunk, but, if you do hear it and are extremely annoyed and/or bothered by this sound, you can try experimenting with a different brand of rear upper mounts. Who knows, they may have been clunking since the day you put them on and it never bothered you because you may not have noticed...? It all depends on what you can tolerate. The clunk is nothing to be worried about, though.

***as a side note, the Tein SS coilovers for the WRX/STi have been VERY RARELY associated with 'clunking.'

Oh and BTW, thanks for the heads up on the Cusco strut bar and AC lines!! :D

-STiLL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey I was curious how much this whole setup set you back? just so i can be aware what to ask my local shop to install it for, or did you install yourself?

·
Registered
411 Posts
flash15 said:
PhastM3, how is the ride on the softest EDFC setting?
Sorry for jumping on your question PhastM3. But it seems to be slightly softer than stock. You don't hear the highway sections grooves as much, and my girlfriend is happier with the ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts