IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this awful smell from the clutch when I'm backing up, I guess I don't let off the clutch completely. Anyone else have this problem? I "thought" I knew how to drive a manual transmission but...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Doesn't seem like you should be melting the clutch at normal speeds for backing up....

Maybe you left the e-brake on? lol.... just a thought.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
drewster said:
I get this awful smell from the clutch when I'm backing up, I guess I don't let off the clutch completely. Anyone else have this problem? I "thought" I knew how to drive a manual transmission but...
Let the clutch out slow and give it a *touch* of gas just as it engages then push the clutch back in. Repeat to continue backing up : ) That's what I do anyway. The only time I let the clutch all the way out is for extended time in reverse. I think everyone gets the nasty clutch smell in this car while you are getting use to it.

-st

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey, I get the same clutch smell. But only when I'm backing up a hill or over a bump. If you're doing it on a flat surface, you're probably giving it too much gas. I always feather the clutch when I'm backing up cause 300 hp is just way to much to park with :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts