IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how accurate boost readings from Tari are? Tari seems to read at some points 2 psi higher than the stock boost gauge. Which one should be trusted more the stock boost gauge or ECUExplorer?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
ECUExplorer, the stock boost gauge is garbage and isnt accurate nor fast enough to react/measure boost.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the reaction/measurement because of the gauge itself or the hoses? Will going with the Omori boost gauge read more accurately? I want gauges that are precise. I might end up going with Defis or the Greddy gauges that do peak.

·
Registered
323 Posts
stock boost gauge doesn't do anything but block the outside temp gauge and mismatch the cluster

·
Registered
815 Posts
I had a defi D series gauge in my turbo'd 8. Nice stuff, and I think the D series are the cheapest of the bunch and they look good and read boost even better. I have the stock boost gauge in this car but it's reading like 16 psi and I'm runnin AP stage 1, so it sounds about right. I gotta do the real time boost on the AP to compare it and see how accurate the gauge really is.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
doesn't help either when the stock gauge shows a half notch below 0 when the car is turned off.

Defi would probably be the most accurate mechanical source gauge, because the hose is so short (running off the T fitting to the sensor boxy thingy), instead of a long hose running all the way to the gauge.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to Tari I hit my target boost of 19 PSI and occasionally spike up to 20 when I'm in 5th and 6th, but the stock gauge might show I spike up to 18 and then drifts down to 17. This datalogging stuff is great!

Off topic... I ran into a brand new 2006 AMG S55 while datalogging last night. Those things are insanely fast from 60 mph and up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
05_GD7 said:
what are your mods hitting 20psi?
protuned w/ tbe, injectors, fuel pump, and 2 step colder plugs. AFRs a consistent 11.14 at WOT. I totally trust my tuner and know its safe.

I just found a place that have Defi BF Ambers on sale:
boost, EGT, OT, CU, and pod for $664.21

how good is this deal? I'm thinking about biting.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
BTW afr's from tari or any other logger are not accurate. They read off the stock narrowband which is only accurate near stoich. The only true way to see afr's are with a wideband o2 sensor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts