IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my tanabe springs today and i had some free time so I installed them. I am very happy with them. Took about 1 hour 45 mins to complete the job and was very easy. I was going to get the Tein's but 1.6 inches in the front is just a tad bit too low for me. The tanabe's drop it 1.3 in the front and that seemed perfect to me. The ride has improved dramatically. I feel less body roll but also the ride just seems more comfortable too. If anyone lives around the metro DC area and is confused on which springs to get for their STi, i don't mind giving u guys a ride to feel them. I will post pics within few days(left Digicam at girlfriend's house). Now for those who already installed springs on their cars, where did you guys get your alignments done from? Also what camber and toe settings do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Prodrives

I do not think that is a problem but please pm me with some details about the tests.

·
Registered
312 Posts
finally someone else got the tanabes...

im installing mine in about a week along with my all alpine system and some omori sti-look gauges...

i actually bought these for my '04 wrx and loved them on that, but im bettin on the road feel being so much more with the better suspension on the STi... can't wait for your pics/feedback.. :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO one really knows the official #'s of the eibach's spring rates. The company just says its 15-20 percent stiffer and drops it 1.2 in the front and .8 in the back. The pinks drop them .8 inches front and back and rate as 257F/217R. The tanabe drop is 1.3 in the front and 1 in the back. The spring rates are 240F/224R. The car looks really good IMO but i cant seem to put the pics up. They are 80 kb each and two of them and every time i try to attach it....it says i have reached the 256 kb limit. I dont see how? Can someone help please????

·
Registered
759 Posts
ksikyat2000 said:
NO one really knows the official #'s of the eibach's spring rates. The company just says its 15-20 percent stiffer and drops it 1.2 in the front and .8 in the back. The pinks drop them .8 inches front and back and rate as 257F/217R. The tanabe drop is 1.3 in the front and 1 in the back. The spring rates are 240F/224R. The car looks really good IMO but i cant seem to put the pics up. They are 80 kb each and two of them and every time i try to attach it....it says i have reached the 256 kb limit. I dont see how? Can someone help please????
I will host them for you. Email me the photos. [email protected]
Where did youpurchase them and how much did they cost? {if you don't mind me asking}.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey i emailed the pictures to you to host them. The springs cost $215 bucks shipped from Gruppe-S. He shipped them out the same day. Ausum service.

·
Registered
312 Posts
nice to see what mine with look like...

love white STi's - second, IMO, only to what i picked - java black...
it was a tough decision tho...

good luck with your ride bro - lookin real nice :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Capa, haha funny because i wanted black first only but my mom and her superstitions....i have had bad luck with black cars so plus when i saw the white i kinda just made a spur of the moment decision.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey ksikyat2000 I don't know if you got my pm but I would definetly be interested to see how your car handles with your springs setup. I am quite undecided on what I want to purchase at the moment handling wise. I kinda like FTs emperical account of his mods...might even go for the front swaybar and the pinks, but want to see other setups as well, in order to help me with my decision making.....hope to hear from ya soon thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Strikteror, yeah i dont mind showing you bud my i cannot drive my car until FEB,11. So if you can wait until then, ill be more then glad to show you. I have installed some 18 inch wheels as well on my car after the drop so their is another different factor but you can still get the feel of the springs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cool man I shall be getting in contact with you then. I don't plan to buy just yet...waiting for the weather to get better, for now the stock setup feels great in the snow.....kinda like GT3 with the logitech steering.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
STi Gauge Cluster Start-up Video?

I'd love to take a ride to see the difference between those and stock. I'm in Alex., right next to the Hoffman theatre

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have installed some 18 inch wheels as well on my car after the drop so their is another different factor but you can still get the feel of the springs.
... Just to add to what you were saying......

After I installed my 18' in wheels on my car, I didnt notice any decrease in ride quality. Maybe a little noiser with my Kumho's but besides that, it felt very comfortable w/ the Tanabe springs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts