IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Subaru STI

I just changed my headlights to the Spyder C-Lights. I was messing the light switch in the different modes (Off, Parking Light, On) seeing what lights turned on or stayed off.

I already checked the button on the column and it is off.

Scenario 1: Engine off, key to "on position", e-brake down, lights set to parking lights.
Result: C-Lights come on, taillights come on, dash lights dim.

Scenario 2: Engine on, e-brake up, light set to off.
Result: No lights come on.

Scenario 3: Engine on, e-brake down, light set to off.
Result: All lights come on INCLUDING taillights.

I understand that the headlights will come on do to the DTR feature but why do the taillights come on as well when the lights are switched to off. I can visually tell when i switch the lights to on my radio dims and my dash dims as well as my AC button lights turning on. So i know the the light knob is doing something.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hmm? sounds like normal light behavior to me. How long have you owned your car?

with the DRL module in the STi's, quite honestly, the lights (C-lights/ambers and tail lights, AND Headlights) will ALL turn on the moment the engine is ON, and the E-Brake is down. doesn't matter if your headlight stalk is set to On or not. (aka, your scenario 3)

Now, with the e-brake UP, and engine on, you should see a difference of the headlight stalk switch working "appropriately". (aka, your scenario 2)

With the engine Off, but key to On, and e-brake down...lights will also work "appropriately" according to headlight stalk switch (yhour scenario 1).

I don't think i've confused myself, but it's been a long Monday LOL. Hope this helps tho!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I just haven’t noticed the taillights being on during the day. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts